Technical Product Manager - Cloud Services
Who We Are
Vultr is on a mission to make high-performance cloud computing easy to use, affordable, and locally accessible for businesses and developers around the world. With 32 cloud data center locations around the world, Vultr has served over 1.5 million customers across 185 countries with flexible, scalable, global Cloud Compute, Cloud GPU, Bare Metal, and Cloud Storage solutions. Founded by David Aninowsky and completely bootstrapped, Vultr has become the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing company without ever raising equity financing.
Simply put, Vultr is committed to providing businesses worldwide with the best price-to-performance of any cloud computing platform. Our global reach of data centers and strategic new partnerships provide the foundation to maximize the impact of our existing services, new product improvements, and releases, which in turn, is a catalyst for your own success. Vultr is taking flight, and this is your opportunity to leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure!
- A 100% remote work environment + a company-wide get together
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Professional Development Reimbursement of $2,500 each year
- 11 Holidays + Paid Time Off Accrual + Rollover Plan + take off your birthday!
- Commitment matters to Vultr! Increased PTO at 3 year anniversary + 1 month sabbatical at 5 year anniversary + Anniversary Bonus each year
- $500 first year remote office setup + $400 each year following for new equipment
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Company paid Calm app subscription
- $50 per month for a gym membership
As a leading cloud service provider Vultr’s revenue is largely driven by cloud infrastructure; cloud computing (bare metal and virtual servers) and storage.
Those core offerings are supported by a sophisticated backend administration system, partner & distributor portals, and orchestration tools.
Additional customer-facing services are layered on top of the core infrastructure to enable deeper, more flexible compute options, like; Kubernetes, containers, virtual private networks, databases, load balancers, AI/ML GPU tools.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to help us shape, define, and develop the future of our services. As a TPM at Vultr you will be in the middle of it all, helping to shape and drive cloud service innovation.
You would be:
- Working directly with executives on core company strategy
- Collaborating with technical leads and architects on product roadmaps
- Planning and validating required functionality with solution engineering
- Work directly with sales and marketing on go-to-market strategies
- Perform market assessment and competitive analysis
- Work directly with customers to understand their business and technical needs
As we expand and improve our portfolio of products we may consider new offerings like; serverless technologies, API extensions, AI/ML functionality, LLM models, global distributed inferencing, etc…
Our core business is IaaS, but we also offer PaaS, and SaaS services and can further expand based on business value.
As market opportunities are identified, they must be researched, well understood, socialized, and agreed upon. Then that vision must be crystalized, road mapped, and shepherded through execution.
You should have direct experience with IaaS, data-center infrastructure, and cloud compute, as well as the many ways these technologies are adopted and leveraged within SMB and enterprise development teams.
Deep experience in product management best practices, both business analysis, and technical execution is a must. You should be competent and excited to drive a vision, strategy, and roadmap. Our team’s mission is to be the price / performance leader for the SMB cloud services market. This is your opportunity to join this uniquely positioned and impactful team and leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure.
What to expect:
As we continue to invest in our ever-growing data center locations, we need to define our next-generation strategies for highly composable infrastructure that will maximize those investments.
Our product offerings will each need its own analysis, opportunity assessment, execution strategy, and roadmap that fits into a larger plan:
- Consolidate, synthesize, and communicate market assessment and opportunities for serverless products
- Apply and show data-driven decision-making
- Leverage a design thinking-based approach to identify user needs
- Work across silos with ‘event storming’ collaboration strategies to ensure the roadmap is accretive and effective across multiple product categories and teams
- Evaluate and assess current product capabilities
- Propose product roadmaps to maximize business value through strategic technical investments
- Create product roadmaps that outline a product’s evolution over time-based on market conditions and customer feedback
- Work with leadership to define and target market opportunities
- Work with engineering to define and sequence development efforts
- Research new technologies and identify opportunities for improvement or change
- Communicate with clients, including conducting workshops and seminars to educate them on new products or services
- Analyze customer needs and provide guidance on how to meet those needs by suggesting solutions and recommending products
- Identify potential challenges or problems with existing products or services and propose solutions
- Develop business cases for new products or services based on market research
- Work with engineering teams to develop new cloud computing products or services
- Manage the product life cycle from conception through retirement to ensure that all products meet the company’s standards for quality and performance
- Develop strategies to increase market share and improve customer satisfaction with existing products
- Evaluate existing and new cloud technologies, advance storage features, and new operational methodology to drive efficiency, availability, and effectiveness of our services
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years and extensive experience configuring, deploying, and managing distributed systems
- 5+ years of product management, technical program management, or related work experiences
- Solid experience with open-source serverless technologies like ****
- History of driving product management requirements analysis and definition
- Solid understanding of common enterprise and SMB technical and business requirements
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen experience to identify problems and proactively work toward solutions
- Experience with effectively working with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, executives, engineering, marketing, operations, and finance
- Track record of operating independently and taking initiative, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
$130,000 - $160,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Vultr regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the accomplishment of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. As such the use of various key privacy controls enables Vultr’s treatment of personal information to meet current regulatory guidelines and laws.
Workforce members have the right under US state law where and when applicable and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to: fair and equal treatment, knowing what personal data we gather and retain, for what purpose, and the ability to access and/or delete such data. You also have the right to opt out of communications from Vultr and approved third- parties at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist