Senior Software Engineer, Accounts & Billing
Who We Are
Vultr is on a mission to make high-performance cloud computing easy to use, affordable, and locally accessible for businesses and developers around the world. With 32 cloud data center locations around the world, Vultr has served over 1.5 million customers across 185 countries with flexible, scalable, global Cloud Compute, Cloud GPU, Bare Metal, and Cloud Storage solutions. Founded by David Aninowsky and completely bootstrapped, Vultr has become the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing company without ever raising equity financing.
Simply put, Vultr is committed to providing businesses worldwide with the best price-to-performance of any cloud computing platform. Our global reach of data centers and strategic new partnerships provide the foundation to maximize the impact of our existing services, new product improvements, and releases, which in turn, is a catalyst for your own success. Vultr is taking flight, and this is your opportunity to leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure!
- A 100% remote work environment + a company-wide get together
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Professional Development Reimbursement of $2,500 each year
- 11 Holidays + Paid Time Off Accrual + Rollover Plan + take off your birthday!
- Commitment matters to Vultr! Increased PTO at 3 year anniversary + 1 month sabbatical at 5 year anniversary + Anniversary Bonus each year
- $500 first year remote office setup + $400 each year following for new equipment
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Company paid Calm app subscription
- $50 per month for a gym membership
The Engineering team is a central pillar of our growth strategy, and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Customer Accounts to help drive our long-term authentication and identity management strategy. Our team’s mission is to provide a fast, performant, and stable virtualization experience for our customers, and we believe that open source solutions can help democratize the cloud. We believe that identity and billing are at the core of any successful platform. This is your opportunity to bring more value to our users through developing and improving our access management systems.
What to expect:
- Work directly with our Accounts & Billing subteam within Customer Platform to build out new identity management and authentication products and harden existing ones
- Collaborate with our Provisioning and Networking Products subteams within Customer Platform to support the resourcing and deployment of specific plans
- Support and improve SSO integrations with OAuth2 and SAML
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong skills with PHP and Python
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and UI templating systems
- Strong proficiency with MySQL
- Working knowledge of OAuth2, SAML, and ISAMS
- A strong belief in documentation as a core aspect of engineering
- Exposure to publish/subscribe architectures (nice to have)
- Experience integrating with financial systems of record like NetSuite or Salesforce (nice to have)
- Experience with identity-as-a-service platforms like Okta and Auth0 (nice to have)
- Experience with Test Driven Development is highly preferred
$110,000 - $135,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Vultr regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the accomplishment of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. As such the use of various key privacy controls enables Vultr’s treatment of personal information to meet current regulatory guidelines and laws.
Workforce members have the right under US state law where and when applicable and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to: fair and equal treatment, knowing what personal data we gather and retain, for what purpose, and the ability to access and/or delete such data. You also have the right to opt out of communications from Vultr and approved third- parties at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist