Manager, System Administration
Who We Are
Vultr is on a mission to make high-performance cloud computing easy to use, affordable, and locally accessible for businesses and developers around the world. With 32 cloud data center locations around the world, Vultr has served over 1.5 million customers across 185 countries with flexible, scalable, global Cloud Compute, Cloud GPU, Bare Metal, and Cloud Storage solutions. Founded by David Aninowsky and completely bootstrapped, Vultr has become the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing company without ever raising equity financing.
Simply put, Vultr is committed to providing businesses worldwide with the best price-to-performance of any cloud computing platform. Our global reach of data centers and strategic new partnerships provide the foundation to maximize the impact of our existing services, new product improvements, and releases, which in turn, is a catalyst for your own success. Vultr is taking flight, and this is your opportunity to leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure!
- A 100% remote work environment + a company-wide get together
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Professional Development Reimbursement of $2,500 each year
- 11 Holidays + Paid Time Off Accrual + Rollover Plan + take off your birthday!
- Commitment matters to Vultr! Increased PTO at 3 year anniversary + 1 month sabbatical at 5 year anniversary + Anniversary Bonus each year
- $500 first year remote office setup + $400 each year following for new equipment
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Company paid Calm app subscription
- $50 per month for a gym membership
The System Administration team is a central pillar of our growth strategy, and we are looking for a Lead System Administrator to help manage our Junior System Administrators, assign and manage tasks, and help keep the workload balanced and under control
You’ll be responsible for our Junior team members, guiding their development, assigning tasks, and ensuring completion of team goals.
What to expect:
- Triaging issues
- Assigning tasks
- Creating metrics to guide development of our team
- Building training plans
- Following through to ensure task completion
- Evaluating performance of team members
- Troubleshooting advanced problems
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Linux Experience
- Enterprise Networking Experience
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to balance tasks and track completion
- Strong ability to learn
$85,000 - $100,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Vultr regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the accomplishment of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. As such the use of various key privacy controls enables Vultr’s treatment of personal information to meet current regulatory guidelines and laws.
Workforce members have the right under US state law where and when applicable and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to: fair and equal treatment, knowing what personal data we gather and retain, for what purpose, and the ability to access and/or delete such data. You also have the right to opt out of communications from Vultr and approved third- parties at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist