South Florida Tech Hub
This is a great opportunity to join a small profitable Telecom Company and to make a direct impact on the bottom line.
The Billing Application Programmer will work directly with senior management and will be primarily responsible for supporting our primary billing applications and reporting tools, as well as critical business processes. The successful candidate will mainly handle data/analytical requests, develop, improve and redesign internal financial applications including billing, profitability reporting, cost monitoring, credit card processing by utilizing extensive knowledge of SQL as well as PHP.
- Monitor and improve existing applications with a primary focus on profitability reporting, billing, cost monitoring, credit card processing, carrier reconciliation, FCC reporting.
- Develop and maintain a variety of internal and external reports and queries. Verify and analyze reports for accuracy on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate tracking of costs and revenue across various internal reports and applications.
- Act as a liaison to various stakeholders for finance /accounting issues, including IT, customer support and accounting departments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues related to financial software customizations and integrations as well as other internal applications.
- Analyze business needs and propose technology and/or business process optimization solutions.
- Facilitate ad hoc reporting and data mining / manipulation for all related parties.
- Proactively review and analyze billing and profitability reporting applications to minimize revenue leakage and profitability errors.
- Participate in other application development and improvement projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Must have strong knowledge of SQL, PHP.
- Knowledge of C# would be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, data query and reporting tools.
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A team oriented work approach with the ability to work independently.
- Desire and initiative to take on challenges and deliver results.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 401K plan, public holidays, sick days, up to 17 business days of vacation are included as part of benefits package.
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off