Account Payable Coordinator
South Florida Tech Hub
Full Job Description
The Accounts Payable Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursements, verification of proper approvals and/or receipt of items purchased as well as the ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts and employees in the organization.
- Invoice processing – match with purchase orders and receipts documents.
- Ensure proper General Ledger allocation
- Employee expense reimbursement processing – ensure proper approvals with supporting documentation
- Research and resolution of discrepancies of invoices (price and quantities) against purchase orders and/or receipts
- Interface with vendors. Ensure appropriate management approval of expenditures
- Processing of periodic check runs
- Maintain accounts payable files and records
- Prepare and post invoices in the Accounting System
- Participation in the month-end closing activities for Accounts Payable related activities
- Provide support to the finance team
- Work with Senior Accountant(s) to facilitate future work with Joint Ventures and Affiliates
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- General Ledger/Payroll: Prepaid Account reconciliations in coordination with Senior Accountant(s)
- Reconciliation of Accounts Payable detail to General Ledger balances at month-end
- Review monthly invoice details to determine need for month-end accruals
- An understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills is required. A degree in the following subjects would be beneficial for an Accounts Payable career:
- Finance or Economics
- Business Studies
- Attention to detail and data entry skills are important requirements for an Accounts Payable job description. Employees will be interacting with employers and vendors daily, so it is imperative they are always able to interact in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) experience required. Advance level in Excel required.
- Previous work experience with Acumatica or MAS ERP system or equivalent ERP system preferred.
- Prior work experience in the Fine Arts industry or wholesale environment is a plus.
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Comfortable with working with ERP systems and learning computer programs and skills
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Is independent and confident and works well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skill
- A general knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
Pay & Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Physical Setting: Office
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- COVID-19 considerations:
- Temperature checks upon arrival
Education: Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Work Location: One location
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.