Senior DevOps Engineer | $60.00 - $80.00 per hour
South Florida Tech Hub
HireArt is helping Sabal Tech hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to join its Technical Services Team, which is responsible for maintaining/supporting hosted solutions on the public cloud, the uninterrupted functioning of hosted client production environments, and tier-three technical escalation for the company’s production support division.
In this role, you’ll work with the company’s product teams, who build highly scalable, containerized, microservices-based solutions, and deploy/maintain those in hosted client environments. You’ll design/build system infrastructure (infrastructure as code), implement security policies, deploy product suites onto the infrastructure, and ensure its uninterrupted functioning in the production environment of the company’s clients.
You’ll also strongly focus on application/infrastructure deployment automation and the automation of other tasks that need to be performed frequently within the environment. The company offers both on-premise and cloud-hosted models for its clients, though this position will be primarily responsible for the company’s cloud hosting.
We’re looking for a candidate who has solid experience with networking, security, and infrastructure on the public cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure.
This position requires work hours that overlap with work shifts based on EST business hours and some weekend/out-of-hours availability for on-call rotation, disaster recovery tests, change control, and project work.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and improve hosted production systems.
- Develop and maintain automation for building infrastructure and running products.
- Build and maintain production environments with scalability, reliability, disaster recovery, planning, monitoring, security, and high performance.
- Work with product time to ensure that the product is compliant with the SDE checklist (requirements) for deploying into a client’s environment.
- Work with project teams to complete new client implementation (or existing client upgrade) of products.
- Play an integral role in providing monitoring and diagnosis of technical issues with hosted production systems.
- Provide Production Services with 3rd-level support related to application environment, infrastructure, and operational issues.
- Create documentation and adhere to the change control process to be SOC 2 audit compliant.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience with IT infrastructure, networking, and security
- Solid experience with deploying, maintaining, and supporting scalable cloud-based solutions in a production environment
- Experience with Windows Server administration and networking
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Experience scripting in at least one of the following: PowerShell, BASH, or Python
- Experience with, or strong knowledge of, microservices architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes (AKS is preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform is preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (TeamCity and Harness are preferred)
- Experience and working knowledge of RDBMS and their architectures
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (Azure Monitor is preferred)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on an on-call basis and provide coverage during non-standard business hours, including public/market holidays
- Understanding of general InfoSec principles is a plus
- Linux server administration a plus
- An understanding of securities markets and experience with investment management systems a plus