South Florida Tech Hub
At Generali Global Assistance we are looking for an AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer to join our organization and help drive scalability, innovation, and operational excellence. This is a hands-on role where you’ll work on complex and highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise. The work includes Design, Implementation and support of AWS architectures and environments and build/support of CI/CD pipelines.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in modern cloud-based CI/CD environments to deliver application and infrastructure as code. IaC configuration management tools preferred: Terraform, and CloudFormation in AWS using both serverless and server based technologies. (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, etc.) Experience in container and orchestration using such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Swarm. This position will report into the Cloud/DevOps Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop cutting edge designs, architectures, and deployments across a myriad of technology stacks on AWS using Infrastructure-as-Code, automated orchestration, and configuration management techniques
- Automate the deployment and provisioning of cloud-based environments via automation tools such as Terraform, Cloud formation.
- Engineer and maintain the Continuous Integration and Continual Deployment (CI/CD) processes using Jenkins and resolves issues
- Ensure AWS build and deployment processes are following corporate standards and cloud best practices
- Assist with the management and performance of the infrastructure and deployment of applications
- Diagnose, isolate, and debug application problems and performs problem resolution
- Monitor systems capacity and performance to allow for scaling of high performance as necessary
- Participate in on call rotation as Level 3 support
- Perform other duties as required
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in a DevOps role.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in IT demonstrating a growth path.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) such as EBS, Fargate, CloudWatch, EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, IAM, ELB, SNS, Docker,
- Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with metrics, logging, and monitoring tooling and infrastructure, runtime application management automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket Pipelines, Ansible – one of these)
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation (Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Virtualization: VMware and HVM on AWS
- Advance technical knowledge of network (TCP/IP) and server operating systems (RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Understanding of Java and application development life cycle a plus
- Proficiency in scripting technologies such as shell, Python, PowerShell, MSDOS, etc.
- Configuration Automation (Ansible) a plus
- System observability tooling, e.g., ELK / TICK stacks, CloudWatch, CloudTrails, time series databases, data visualization tools a plus
- Ability to work with internal business units and communicate regularly and effectively
- Ability to define reasonable expectations and deadlines for assigned tasks
- Ability to learn our technologies and contribute effectively
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
Physical Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; use of hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; finger dexterity; talk; hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
Generali Global Assistance is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran