Financial Systems Analyst
SageSure is seeking a Financial Systems Analyst. This new role offers a valuable opportunity to grow with the insurance company, its parent, and its affiliated managing general agency as operations are stood up and expanded. The Financial Systems Analyst will assist with effective setup of accounting and financial reporting functions to meet the needs of the organization. The individual in this position will work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are committed to excellence in fiduciary and financial accountability and reporting. Primary responsibilities include monthly accounting, accounts payable, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of GAAP and possibly some knowledge of statutory accounting principles (“STAT”), as well as financial policies and controls, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver work products with a high level of accuracy while consistently meeting related deadlines.
What you’d be doing:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of monthly automated accounting support workpapers,
- Develop, maintain, and deliver financial analytics to management,
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual custom reporting packages in Oracle NetSuite,
- Create and maintain dashboards for department executive heads in Oracle NetSuite,
- Automate complex reporting and analysis to provide financial results timely,
- Manage integration of data between accounting systems and reporting tools,
- Reconciliation of accounting transactions between general ledger and the reporting system,
- Assist with budget uploads and reports used in financial reporting,
- Prepare specialized reporting to support audits and tax preparation,
- Collaborates with various teams to prepare ad-hoc reporting templates.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, information systems, or business-related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in accounting or financial reporting role.
- General understanding of GAAP policies, and internal controls.
- Knowledge of Oracle Netsuite and Netsuite Planning and Budgeting Software.
- Knowledge of cloud-based excel add-ons using various modeling levels, dimensions, scenarios, variables attributes, custom formulas.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and the ability to deliver work products with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written skills, and the ability to convey complex information.
Highly preferred candidates also have:
- Experience in MGA/MGU insurance operations
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate
- Experience in Microsoft office suite with intermediate or advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in NetSuite, Concur, Lease Query, etc
- Experience in interfacing applications with accounting software
As a Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for four years in a row (2020-2023), SageSure, one of the largest residential property insurance managing general underwriter (MGU) in the United States, is pioneering ways people protect their American Dream.
A leader in catastrophe-exposed property insurance, SageSure was founded in 2009 to deliver reliable products, exceptional customer experiences, and strong underwriting results in challenging insurance markets. SageSure currently operates in 14 states and provides home, flood, and commercial coverage on behalf of its highly rated carrier partners.
We have more than 600 employees working remotely or hybrid in one of our eight offices—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—who are tackling the industry’s toughest challenges.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan, and more.
SageSure is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a workforce that reflects the spectrum of perspectives, experiences, and abilities of the world we live in. We recognize that our differences make us strong, and we actively seek out diverse candidates through partnerships with organizations, institutions and communities that represent various backgrounds. We champion belonging and inclusion for all identities, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, ability status, gender, and country of origin, striving to create a culture where all individuals feel valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our nimble, highly responsive culture nurtures critical thinkers who run toward problems and engineer solutions. We relentlessly pursue better outcomes by investing in the technology, talent, and tools that position us to succeed in demanding markets. Come join our team! Visit sagesure.com/careers to find a position for you.