Customer Service Representative
If you're looking for the stability of a profitable, growing company with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup, we’re hiring. SageSure, a leader in catastrophe-exposed property insurance, is seeking a Customer Service Representative.
This is an opportunity to begin a career with a young, growing insurance and technology company. While working with a friendly and supportive team, you will learn the foundation of our business in a role that will take you wherever you want to grow with us. As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide high-quality support to policyholders and producers by answering policy questions and performing policy changes related to billing, underwriting, and general policy information. The ability to handle inquiries in a positive and professional manner and knowledge of insurance industry terminology, policy, and procedures are required for this role.
If you are genuinely excited to help customers, are patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative, you love to talk, and problem-solving comes naturally to you, then you may have just what it takes to begin this journey with us.
What you’d be doing:
- Manage incoming calls, chats and emails from policyholders, agents, and producers
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/team customer service targets and performance measures
- Answer questions about underwriting concerns related to home inspections and select property and liability hazards
- Handle product eligibility and underwriting inquiries from producers
- Process policy changes, including endorsements, cancellations, customer name changes and mailing address changes
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
We’re looking for someone who has:
- High work ethic, is punctual and dependable, and has a history of good attendance
- Proven successful customer support experience
- Track record of achieving targets and goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to multi-task (specifically while talking with customers and resolving their inquiries)
- Proficient in navigating Windows based computers and using multiple software applications across two monitors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexibility to work varying hours between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM CT Mon-Fri, and occasional overtime on Saturdays from 10 AM to 3 PM
Highly preferred candidates also have:
- Associates Degree
- Experience working in Homeowners Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance License is a plus but is not required
- Spanish speaking
About the Policy Services Team at SageSure:
Helping customers and maintaining a service mindset are at the core of SageSure's Policy Services team approach. Policy Services roles bear direct responsibility for building the brand, and we take that commitment seriously at SageSure. Our Policy Services team serves as the voice of SageSure and maintains frequent connections with our customers. Serving the customer is not only fulfilling but also an excellent opportunity to gain insights into the insurance industry. Policy Services roles come with built-in career progression paths, and with the industry knowledge you acquire, you will be well-positioned for advancement within the department or across the company. The nature of the work necessitates constant interaction with other teams, including underwriting, sales, and marketing. As a member of this expanding team, you will experience a fast-paced environment that demands active involvement and offers accelerated learning opportunities.
As a Best Places to Work in Insurance Recipient for four years in a row (2020-2023), SageSure, one of the largest residential property insurance managing general underwriter (MGU) in the United States, is pioneering ways people protect their American Dream.
A leader in catastrophe-exposed property insurance, SageSure was founded in 2009 to deliver reliable products, exceptional customer experiences, and strong underwriting results in challenging insurance markets. SageSure currently operates in 14 states and provides home, flood, and commercial coverage on behalf of its highly rated carrier partners.
We have more than 600 employees working remotely or hybrid in one of our eight offices—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—who are tackling the industry’s toughest challenges.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan, and more.
SageSure is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a workforce that reflects the spectrum of perspectives, experiences, and abilities of the world we live in. We recognize that our differences make us strong, and we actively seek out diverse candidates through partnerships with organizations, institutions and communities that represent various backgrounds. We champion belonging and inclusion for all identities, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, ability status, gender, and country of origin, striving to create a culture where all individuals feel valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our nimble, highly responsive culture nurtures critical thinkers who run toward problems and engineer solutions. We relentlessly pursue better outcomes by investing in the technology, talent, and tools that position us to succeed in demanding markets. Come join our team! Visit sagesure.com/careers to find a position for you.