Sr. Manager, Corporate Affairs - Planning and Projects
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Sr. Manager, Corporate Affairs – Planning and Projects on the Global Government and Community Relations Team reporting to the SVP, Head of Corporate Affairs.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Affairs - Planning and Projects is a visible position that is critical to the functioning and success of the Corporate Affairs department. In this position, you will support the Sr. Vice President, Head of Corporate Affairs and her direct reports to track and achieve departmental goals on a global scale. This highly operative and facilitative role requires a combination of organizational and analytical skills, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. The role encompasses a variety of responsibilities including strategy development and execution, special projects, budget management, KPI tracking and reporting, and meeting and event planning.
You will use exceptional leadership, problem-solving, stakeholder and program management skills to orchestrate team efforts in meeting strategic objectives and help translate strategy into concrete work plans to accomplish desired objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads planning and tracking of departmental projects in a manner which assures dependable deliverables
- Leads SVP-initiated strategic projects from development through successful completion
- Identifies, recommends and leads improvements across the department for optimal performance and collaboration across all programs
- Works closely with Corporate Affairs leadership to set, track and monitor progress on KPIs, identify potential risks and support development of mitigation plans
- Interfaces cross-functionally with business partners
- Develops weekly and monthly Corporate Affairs reports
- Manages department budget and works closely with Finance and HR to meet targets and objectives
- Drives internal communication for team meetings and departmental updates
- Ensures senior team alignment with strategy and culture and promotes collaboration and teamwork among them
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Mission-driven; passionate about the company and related constituencies
- Exceptional project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Excellent written, verbal and data-driven story telling communication skills a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization essential
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to influence others to assure goals are achieved in a collaborative way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management
- Solid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, financial and spreadsheet modeling skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working with government relations and corporate affairs teams preferred
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.