Senior Editor, Digital Media
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This role will work onsite at our offices in Miami, FL
This position is responsible for capturing content and editing content into spots for use in tv, radio, and online communications while adhering to the development of the Royal Caribbean brand’s creative look and feel for Marketing deliverables. This position is also a resource for content and asset understanding. Providing support and direction when asked. On this team, this role must be a team player. Passionate about all things production and content creation, from beginning to end. This position is skilled at offering a creative vision, layout of plans for said creative vision and delivering on the expectation. Collaborating and working with a team is super important but being able to work alone is also important. This position will work in projects with large and small budgets so being able to flex to those environments is fundamental to success.
Key responsibilities include capturing content and editing commercial spots, international content, and other video deliverables needed by the Brand & Social Marketing teams. Ensure assets from shoots are properly managed, labeled, and loaded onto the drive, server, and distributed to proper team members. The position responsibilities include video production, pre & post video production including researching, organizing, scouting, shot list creation, video/photo editing, animating, and managing assets. Another key role of this position is learning the library assets available and being able to communicate and assess asset gaps as they arise for the organization. This role is an ever-changing role that will be empowered to deliver on creative concepting for shot lists, creative series, social content, commercial spots, brand stories, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Edits commercial spots for Broadcast, OLV, and international teams as needed.
- Edits b-roll packages of highlighting key activities featured for every shoot.
- Assists in organizing assets from shoots, along with keeping an organized workspace of working files and correlating assets.
- Stays current on new technology, editing/coloring/animation software, camera/computer or other interesting equipment relevant to production.
- Assists in maintaining an organized video library of assets, video camera equipment and necessary supplies for video editing & production
- Edits and color corrects footage using Adobe Premiere Pro, adding motion graphics and effects in Adobe After Effects.
- Creates master clips and encodes to multiple formats for distribution
- Capturing photo & video content based on creative project brief for brand & social projects and overall company needs.
- Could require shooting 1-2 shoots/year for social on top of brand shoots in order to fill their specific content gaps.
- Leading & providing pre and post-production needs from research, scouting, creative shot lists, strategy, equipment needs, crew needs, pulling selects and more in order to meet the project requirements while staying in the provided budget.
- Pulling photo & video selects for all productions and communicating out to key teams and team members on what’s available or going to be available.
- Leading the editing team to ensure b-roll process is still flowing, being quality controlled, and then distributed appropriately to the server and to the DAM according to our asset management process.
- Editing sizzles for presentations and international content as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Employee will work with Production Manager and Creative Lead to stay within allocated budget for production of projects. Employee will submit all appropriate expense reports as required.
- 3 - 5 years experience in video editing & motion graphics
- Cruise or hospitality environment preferred; Corporate experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Visual Effects, or Media Arts preferred
- Candidate must have proven experience in a Video Editor/Shooter role in a fast-paced, multi-project corporate environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Accuracy, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment are essential. Experience and in-depth knowledge in Adobe Production & Creative Suites (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator). Experience and in-depth knowledge along with creative eye in capturing video and photo content through the use of drone, dslr, gopros, 360 cameras, high-end film cameras, and more.
- Strong demo reel showing experience with editing and motion graphics
- Can tailor material for web delivery and distribution
- Understanding of current and emerging digital media formats, encoding schemes and channels of distribution
- Working knowledge of broadcast television, video production, interactive television and non-linear editing
- Experience in the technical editing of multiple audio tracks and syncing it with video, understanding technical specs, data rates, resolution, and how they affect a final export
- Ability to find efficiencies in post-production process and communicate them accordingly to the team as needed.
- Photography experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a collaborative colleague: hard-working, level-headed, creative, kind, and a team player.
- The ability to work independently without supervision.
- The ability to travel as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to distinguish color shades also required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The environment includes work inside/outside the office.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.