Sr. Program Manager
Royal Caribbean Group
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing the New Generation program of Newbuilds, special projects, revitalization and refurbishment of vessels or technical projects across all corporate brands. Consults with internal clients in various departments (shoreside and shipboard) to gather, analyze, and report data for recommended courses of action. Proactively strategizes, manages, plans, and drives activities of new ship design, ship revitalization or technical project processes to ensure project completion within prescribed time frame and budget. Functions as an in-house process driver and coach of matrixed operating department representatives intimately involved in these project types. Projects assigned are typically top priority, high profile, and multi-departmental initiatives for the organization and thus require continuous communication and interaction in a fast-paced environment with the Newbuilding Mission Control Director, VP, and department executives. Manages all aspects of project planning, tracking, and status reporting. Independently maintains relationships with key customers, primarily Directors, Vice Presidents, and Company Officers. Must have the ability to follow an existing structured process framework yet have the skills to innovate. Oversees in collaboration with AVP, Mission Control the following essential tasks through subordinates or matrixed resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and provide overall direction to a small team of one to six resources, consisting of a Program Manager, Asst. Program Manager, Program Analyst, and/or Coordinator that are responsible for the day-to-day administrative and reporting details of assigned projects.
- Utilizes project management tools and industrial engineering techniques to lead, develop and oversee the maintenance of project scope, customer and executive expectations as well as overall project focus.
- Leads, coaches, and advises the recommended course of action to the project team in outlining goals, objectives, milestones, responsibilities, scope, risks, and tracking routines.
- Manages and participates in the study of operational needs and current operational performance to determine optimal working procedures and systems, and to identify areas for improvement and efficiency on assigned projects.
- Acts as the liaison between the Site office(s) and Miami Newbuilding office, serving as the single point of contact for collecting and sharing requested information between parties and at required intervals from operational groups.
- Proactively interfaces with constituent representatives for the purpose of examining project status and monitoring progress. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel, modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Organizes the communication of the project plan status on a regular basis to project stakeholders, global partners, and core team. Continues to re-establish goals and adjust work processes based on shifting priorities and new information.
- Follow-up with team members to meet project deadlines and provide input on team member activities for schedule review process. Coordinates activities to ensure project progresses on schedule, budget and accurately reflects current project status through regular updates of tasks and statuses.
- Participates in succession planning, training, evaluation, and development for project team personnel.
- Works with Financial Department to track the budget forecasts, cost controls and reporting.
- For Newbuilds, tracks progress of owner supply specification, requisition, and procurement. Works with Supply Chain Management and Financial Departments to track the startup process, budget forecasting and reporting.
- Leads and organizes team in development of monthly presentations for senior executives. Oversees preparation of project reports for management, client, or others.
- Manage, develop and follow-up project reporting on the department.