Mgr, Security Tech&Innovation
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Strategic Planning and Execution: Lead in the planning, management, and execution of security technology projects, including new-builds, dry docks, and revision projects. Collaborate with various departments and vendors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Technology Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for all security systems-related matters, managing programs that include CCTV, bodycams, access control, and more. Stay abreast of technological advancements to implement efficient and cutting-edge security solutions.
Equipment and System Assessment: Conduct thorough reviews and evaluations of existing security systems and equipment. Identify areas for improvement and integrate new technologies to enhance fleet security.
Project Documentation: Develop and manage all documentation related to equipment and technology requests, ensuring all Capital Approval Request (CAR) processes are accurately completed.
Team Leadership: Supervise and support the Lead, Security Technology & Innovation, ensuring all tasks are executed efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the go-to for all new build project inquiries, orchestrating the development, planning, and deployment of security systems like CCTV and locking mechanisms. This includes managing procurement, scheduling installations, conducting on-site inspections, and facilitating shipyard surveys.
- Provide comprehensive support across the fleet for all security systems and related equipment, addressing troubleshooting, maintenance, procurement, and logistical support. Oversee Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service contracts to ensure uninterrupted security operations.
- Lead the security equipment lifecycle management, focusing on strategic revitalization and timely replacement.
- Engage in proactive exploration to identify efficiencies, cost-saving measures, and areas for operational improvement within both daily routines and new project scopes. This involves conducting cost analyses, drafting proposals, and presenting findings for security management and director leadership approval.
- Evaluate and select new software and infrastructure solutions, comparing potential vendors to meet evolving business needs effectively.
Partnership with Security Managers:
- Actively collaborate with security managers across fleets and new build projects to ensure that the security technology and systems meet the operational needs and standards. This involves detailed reviews of architectural drawings, standard equipment lists, and specific project requirements to ensure alignment with security objectives and operational efficiency. By working closely together, the Technology Manager ensures that all involved parties are on the same page, facilitating streamlined project execution and enhanced security measures.
Standard Equipment Management:
- Take responsibility for maintaining and annually updating the comprehensive list of standard security equipment for the department. This task is crucial for keeping the organization ahead of technological advancements and ensuring that all teams have access to the latest and most effective security tools. The Technology Manager will ensure this list is readily available, providing guidance and recommendations on equipment specifications and procurement to support ongoing and upcoming projects. This proactive approach to equipment standardization plays a vital role in maintaining a high level of security across all operations while optimizing resource allocation and budgeting strategies.
Leadership and Communication:
- Provide operational and project status updates to Security Managers and the Director, Security Operations, ensuring transparency and timely communication regarding new build and revite project progress as well as any ongoing projects
- Foster long-lasting relationships with internal stakeholders, shipyards, and vendors, representing the organization in job progress meetings and strategic discussions.
- Aid in the Development of security technology and equipment policies, alongside creating applicable training programs for continuous staff development.
- Mentor shipboard teams, especially newly promoted personnel, guaranteeing compliance, following up on audit findings, and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure that project initiation and execution phases are clearly communicated to startup and operational teams, setting clear expectations and deliverables.
Collaboration and Support:
- Participate actively within the operations team, aiding Security Operations Managers and contributing to broader security objectives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Industrial Security, International Business, Computer Science/Engineering, or a field directly related to security technology, is required.
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications in security technology fields, such as CCTV and access control systems, are highly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the maritime sector, with shipboard experience considered a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including planning, execution, and technical knowledge of security systems integration.
- Proven background in a computer science/engineering field.
- Experience with budget management and financial oversight related to project and equipment costs.
- Previous leadership experience, including team building and managerial coaching in a technology or security environment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, capable of engaging effectively at all organizational levels and across multicultural environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) at an advanced level.
- A self-motivated individual, continuously seeking knowledge improvement and capable of innovating and driving processes in a startup atmosphere.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, alongside strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, exhibiting a high level of passion and drive.
- Skilled in applying methodologies, tools, and best practices within their area of responsibility, with a strong understanding of specific processes.
- Agility to operate in a fast-paced environment, adept at managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Competency in writing clear and detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals while maintaining precision and attention to detail.
- Exceptional presentation skills, able to convey information clearly and respond effectively to questions from different audiences.
- Proficient in interpreting a range of instructions, whether written, verbal, diagrammatic, or scheduled.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation to ensure alignment with security technology goals.
- Monitor and control project expenditures to ensure completion within the allocated budget.
- Manage the preparation and oversight of Capital Approval Requests (CAR) and other financial aspects related to technology and equipment procurement.
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.