Media Insights Specialist, Corporate Communications
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Specialist, Data & Insights, Corporate Communications
The Media Insights Specialist, Corporate Communications is a detail-oriented communications and public relations professional, who focuses on data, insights, results, and measurement of the Corporate Communications function. This person will report directly to the Manager, Corporate Communications, and work closely with the team as the lead resource for data and insights that will help guide the Corporate Communications media strategy, identify, and mitigate emerging threats and crises, and create a cadence of reports to support the Corporate Communications team. The Media Insights Specialist, Corporate Communications will be a great overall communicator with a passion and expertise in measuring internal and external communications strategies, campaigns, events, and objectives.
NOTE: This is a full-time in-person role based in the company’s headquarters in Miami, FL. Applicants must be available to work in Miami, FL Monday – Thursday, with work from home on Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a cadence of reporting to support the Corporate Communications team, including ad-hoc issues and crisis monitoring and reporting, media logs, monthly media reports and analysis, case studies and general media and communications research.
- Develop and maintain multiple reports, supporting different communications projects and workstreams.
- Assist in creating media briefs and real-time alerting and monitoring during issues and crises.
- Serve as the main resource on the Corporate Communications team for research, briefs, data, and insights tied to communications priorities and initiatives.
- Lead social listening and media monitoring, taking a proactive approach in monitoring and researching trends and topics impacting the cruise industry, immediately escalating any emerging issues or changing narratives on the company or its five global cruise brands.
- Support the Manager, Corporate Communications and Director, Corporate and Incident Communications to track and measure success of media strategy and other communications initiatives.
- Support quarterly earnings by tracking media placements and sharing analysis of media coverage and executive interviews in real time.
- Develop and maintain media logs, analyzing media trends and topics.
- Support with curation and distribution of morning news and industry reports.
- Assist with weekly department reports.
- Support relationships and workstreams with vendors and agency partners.
- Partner and liaise across different teams internally to conduct needed research or obtain information and resources for Corporate Communications initiatives.
- Participate in weekend rotation coverage for issues and crises monitoring and reporting.
- Flexibility to support business events outside of regular hours including holidays and weekends.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Chief Communications Officer.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Statistics, Media or related field.
- 2-4 years communications and/or insights experience in corporate, government and/or brand communications, public relations agency, issues management or crisis reporting, preferably in a public company.
- 2+ years of direct experience in communications measurement and insights.
- Proven track record of measurement, reporting and insights that have helped shape communications strategies/tactics/campaigns.
- Experience with media monitoring platforms such as Cision, Meltwater, Brandwatch, MuckRack, etc. is a plus.
- Eagerness and desire to learn.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities, and work under pressure.
- Experience maintaining and quantifying communications results.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
- General knowledge of and interest in the cruise, travel and hospitality, and leisure industries is a plus.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunities to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.