Sr. Manager, Software
Royal Caribbean Group
We are in search of an experienced and dynamic Senior Manager of Software Engineering to lead the development and maintenance efforts for our Loyalty platform, supporting the implementation of RCG’s new Loyalty vision. As a key member of our technology leadership team, you will play a pivotal role in driving innovation, ensuring system scalability, and delivering a seamless and high-performance Loyalty solution for all RCG’s portfolio brands.
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for overseeing the full life cycle of Loyalty software applications, including solution architecture, design, development, integration and performance testing, and maintenance. In alignment with RCG Corporate, Project Management Office, IT Finance, Technology and Operations, Enterprise Architecture, multi-branded Loyalty and Marketing business units, and external software partners, this role will establish and execute the Loyalty software application strategy for RCG’s Shoreside Enterprise Commercial Applications Organization.
This is a critical role within the Royal Caribbean Information Technology organization, and the successful leader will enable us to pursue our Group Loyalty transformation by implementing a scalable solution, driving guest centricity, and contributing to RCG’s continued leadership position in the vacation industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, mentor, and manage Software Engineering teams.
- Manage technical software development processes across more than one application development discipline for software technology product lines.
- Lead the implementation of our new Loyalty platform as part of a multi-year project, enabling RCG to bring to life our new vision for our Brands Loyalty programs.
- Manage solutions’ partners and System Integrator for the delivery of our new Loyalty platform.
- Establish and ensure best practices for the software development lifecycle, including solution architecture, build, and test.
- Ensure that systems are stable and performing per SLAs, in collaboration with Infrastructure & Operations.
- Work collaboratively with the PMO to ensure on-time, on-schedule delivery of projects.
- Ensure that appropriate quality processes are in place to deliver high-quality applications, in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Engage with various stakeholders as a though leader providing guidance on the definition and implementation of technical capabilities.
- Manage the sourcing of technical resources, leveraging off-site/offshore resources where appropriate.
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our product development organization.
- Collaborate with RCG Corporate, Project Management Office, IT Finance, Technology and Operations, Enterprise Architecture, multi-branded business units, and external software partners to deliver software products and services.
- Perform other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development management demonstrating progressive growth from positions in development or engineering.
- Experience implementing, configuring, interfacing, and maintaining Siebel Loyalty is a strong plus.
- Experience identifying, acquiring, and leading senior technology professionals.
- Experience managing large labor and non-labor budgets.
- Experience managing the development and support of large complex software applications supporting a variety of business entities.
- Experience managing high-performing teams, in a support and project-oriented matrix organization.
- Must have strong experience in overall solution architectures.
- Must have ability to estimate projects and manage budgets effectively.
- Experience in the planning, analysis, and design of software application strategies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to build productive relationships, motivate team members, and instill a positive can-do attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the customer area’s functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
- Siebel Loyalty Knowledge is a strong plus.
- Should have a deep understanding of many software development methodologies.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, solid judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and other IT professionals.
- Technical expertise in more than one modern and legacy software platform and framework, including Java/EE, internet technologies, cloud, mobile, IBMi, and open systems.
The role is responsible for managing and overseeing an IT budget greater than $5 million, encompassing both labor and non-labor expenses.
While performing job functions, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a PC, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, and may lift, push, pull or move 10 to 15 pounds. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The role will primarily function within the professional IT and business office environments located in South Florida; some occasional business travel is required. The space is in compliance with safety, environment, health, and accessibility requirements. The work environments are maintained to reinforce collaboration, motivation, and innovation to help maintain a vibrant and distinctive culture and a diverse workforce.