Manager, Area Sales (Washington D.C. Based)
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Silversea Cruises brand has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Manager, Area Sales for the mid-Atlantic region on the Sales Team reporting to the Director, Field Sales.
Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel by distinguishing itself in the ultra-luxury market with its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries, and genuine hospitality. We are proud of our reputation as the "World's Best" cruise line and seek individuals who take personal pride in their work to join our award-winning team.
This position will be based in the Washington, D.C. area
In this position, you will be responsible for the sales and promotion of the Silversea brand by creating marketing/sales initiatives to drive additional revenues through our travel agency distribution channel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and exceed revenue sales goals
- Expand Silversea product and brand awareness to the travel agent community
- Creates and maintains quarterly marketing plans
- Make public presentations at trade shows, cruise events, seminars, ship functions, and other events
- Regular outbound calls to new brand agents within larger host accounts
- Initiate and maintain relationships with all accounts in the assigned region including travel agents and direct consumers with a focus on key accounts and secondary accounts
- Inform Silversea management of marketplace conditions and competitive environment
- Assist travel agencies with marketing opportunities, i.e., direct mail and electronic media
- Account for all travel and entertainment expenses, following Silversea’s Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Maintain control of a co-op budget to include advising the head office of future commitments as well as submitting co-op agreements for payment in a timely manner
- Increase affinity and promotional group bookings
- Increase FIT bookings
- Other business-related duties as instructed by the VP of Field Sales
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- B.A. or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years of experience in cruise or travel related industry discipline / 7 years non travel in sales/marketing related discipline
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with internal and external contacts
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Possess a positive, team-player attitude
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.