Manager, Sales Learning and Development
Royal Caribbean Group
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Celebrity Cruises brand has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Manager, Sales Learning and Development on the Sales Team reporting to the Director, Sales and Communication.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida
The Sales Training is responsible for the management and oversight of a team of training experts who coordinate and deliver training initiatives that contribute to driving revenue and achieving sales goals. This position, along with their team of trainers, develops, facilitates, and coordinates memorable training programs with the success of our Travel Partner community and our Direct Channel. This leader is responsible for assessing business needs, reacting accordingly with timely / relevant training materials, and providing strategic direction to his/her team. Additionally, this position reviews and monitors the success of implemented programs, Globally, and determines future scopes to continuously improve overall effectiveness. Keen time management and organizational skills are essential traits for success in this role, while also maintaining solid relationships with the Sales team, and other departments throughout Royal Caribbean Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and conducts individualized and group training programs to key travel advisors and sales team members, that align with organizational goals; while tailoring and customizing the approach to cater to the specific audience.
- Oversees the Sales Training team, while also serving as a Training resource for the Global market, for Trade and Direct channels.
- Performs skill assessment analysis; evaluates training program and curriculum design (traditional and e-learning ;)-training delivery, and facilitation of sales skills, new hires, recurrent, product & automation for Americas sales team.
- Identifies, negotiates and executes third party training partners and facilitates outsourced solutions as needed to support sales training strategy, to ensure maximum value for cost.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify training gaps and opportunities.
- Design and deliver engaging and interactive learning experiences.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make improvements as needed.
- Promote training programs with internal and external stakeholders to determine programs and policies that require training, globally.
- Coordinate and execute logistics for training events.
- Consults with senior sales leaders and HR to maximize effectiveness of Personal Development System.
- Develops and recommends learning strategies, development tools, processes, and metrics to senior management to disseminate to Sale Force, Contact Centers, etc.
- Designs programs and creates measurements for the development of individual and team competencies.
- Administers and measures the results of the e-leaning program.
- Develops, administers, and facilitates new managers training program, annual training & employee education budget.
- Track and measure annual and mid-year performance reviews for learning opportunities.
- Educate sales leaders to be effective when presenting to external audiences.
- Coordinate and host major learning events such as Global Conferences, seminars at seas, CLIA events and in-person training events.
- Main liaison for all global trainers across all markets for the brand to provide all necessary brand updates, presentations, learning assets for contact centers and sales teams.
- Create, develop, and maintain trade training certification program for the Americas, APAC and Australia/New Zealand.
- Create, develop, and oversee leadership training program for leaders within the sales organization.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience and Education: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required. Concentration in Training, OD, or HR preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Sales, Sales Training, a related training field, or training design/delivery.
- Minimum of 3 years curriculum development experience required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and experience presenting in front of large audiences.
- Experience in travel industry preferred.
- Travel Required: 25% - 30%
- Certification: Professional training certification preferred.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong skillset in Excel and PowerPoint,
- Solid organization and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task,
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles,
- The ability to work successfully as a team and independently
- Computer knowledge and usage skills, with the aptitude to learn new technology
- Experience managing a complex, multiple line item budget
Manages a budget of $300,000
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, and stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to walk to the dock, ascend and descend the vessel. This position may regularly travel domestically or internationally. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.