Senior Analyst, Global Tax Operations
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for supporting the Director and Managers of Global Tax Operations in overseeing global tax operations, including global tax return compliance and protocols; assist in the maintenance of global tax compliance calendar and protocols; preparation, review and presentation of tax quarterly balance sheet reconciliations; preparation or/review of monthly and quarterly tax provision and journal entries; review of statutory accounts as relevant for tax; US forecasting and variance analysis; US tax returns. Liaise with foreign finance team members, business contacts and Tax Strategy and Tax Deployment teams as required. Although special projects, new legislation, and new business initiatives are typically overseen by the Tax Strategy team, the Senior, Global Tax Operations will support the Managers, Global Tax Operations in working closely with the Tax Strategy team to ensure that tax positions and new business initiatives are correctly disclosed on tax returns and provision. On occasion and as needed, the Senior, Global Tax Operations may be asked to assist with special projects (new law changes, audits, new business initiatives). This is a hands-on role which requires attention to detail, as well as ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Director and Managers of Global Tax Operations in overseeing global tax compliance, provision, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Support Managers, Global Tax Operations in collaborating with International finance teams to ensure the timely and accurate filing of foreign tax returns, including tie out of tax returns and adherence to Company Global Tax Compliance Protocols.
- Prepare and review timely return-to-provision true-ups for assigned companies.
- Assist in the maintenance of global tax compliance calendar, including ensuring new entities are added on a timely basis and ensuring roll-over from year to year.
- Support Managers, Global Tax Operations in the preparation and/or review of quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned companies/accounts on a quarterly basis. This includes review and/or creating adequate supporting documentation and presentation to the SVP and Chief Accounting Officer on a quarterly basis. Where reconciliations are prepared by International Finance Teams, the tax department must still demonstrate ¿ownership¿ of accounts.
- Preparation or/review of monthly and quarterly tax provision workpapers and journal entries.
- Support Managers, Global Tax Operations in the review of statutory accounts as relevant for tax, including review and tie out of income tax footnote.
- Support Managers, Global Tax Operation in the preparation of the calculation of assigned companies income tax forecast, and performs variance analysis monthly.
- Support, as needed, in the preparation of US tax returns workpapers.
- Support Manager, Global Tax Operations in the oversight of UK Senior Accounting Rules (SAO) rules and control testing.
- Support Director and Managers of Global Tax Operations in liaising with outside tax counsel and assists in the coordination of such projects for which such individuals are engaged, including tax return preparers.
- Support the Director and Managers, Global Tax Operations or Global Tax Strategy in consulting regularly with internal departments such as international finance, legal, accounting, commercial development and foreign offices on transactions, contracts, business arrangements, etc.
- Support the Director and Managers, Tax Strategy in maintaining and supporting documentation or data necessary for global tax audits.
- Team with Tax Strategy team to ensure tax positions or new business initiatives / structures are correctly reported on timely filed tax returns and income tax provisions.
- Assist in the reviews of tax controls and compliance with UK Senior Accounting Officer requirements.
- Assist in forecasting income tax expense for select US and non-US companies, as well as variance analysis.
- Perform research with respect to tax notices, law changes, or business initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Taxation, LLB or related field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Public Accounting or five years industry experience in Tax Department.
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser, CPA or Juris Doctor preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under remote supervision.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong technical research skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to simplify, condense and communicate technical information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Typical PC and software skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, on-line research tools.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.