Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This role is ONSITE in Miami, FL
Subject matter procurement expert for the assigned goods and/or services. Research suppliers from a variety of usual and unusual sources. Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule. Responsible for short- and long-term planning and strategizing for assigned goods and/or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex price analysis of multiple variables. Expert use of analysis, forecasting, problem solving and quality improvement to develop strategies for dynamic market conditions.
- Develops a procurement and negotiation strategy based on multiple and often complex variables. Negotiates price, availability, transportation and delivery schedule.
- Makes negotiation decisions often in high volatility situations based on multiple market variables with limited guidelines for price and availability.
- Analyzes and incorporates specific market data to negotiations, strategies and plans that correlate to the goods and/or services procured.
- Communicates and presents clear strategies, plans and cost impacts to upper management
- Attends industry trade shows and conferences.
- Measures and evaluates suppliers¿ on-time delivery performance.
- Contributor to the company's delivery and invoicing policies.
- Responsible for implementing and driving change.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- 8 + years related procurement experience or specialized technical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
- Negotiation and analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers and all levels of staff and management, both shipboard and shoreside.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 25% t domestic and international travel, as necessary.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.