Royal Caribbean Group
Manager, Newbuild Finance
Support Newbuilding and Fleet Design management with superior financial management, and controllership.
THIS POSITION IS REQUIRED TO BE ONSITE IN MIAMI, FL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily responsible for the financial leadership for Newbuilding Finance Team.
- Responsible for maintaining financial compliance with SARBOX, including adherence to key controls.
- Responsible for reviewing Newbuilding construction financial figures and directing key customers in review of their financial activities. Prepare corporate, certifications and approval with the EVP of Newbuilding and Fleet Design
- Prepare and communicate Newbuilding Department Project Plans, Monthly/Quarterly Forecasts with department heads and key customers (including the management of site office costs) with the support of the Newbuild Sr.Analyst team.
- Preparation of the departmental Business Plan with the project managers with focus on achieving efficiencies and value added work.
- Maintain and Enhance project cost controls including, leadership of monthly closing, reconcile projects to G/L, ensure compliance with company policies especially those regarding investment & expense.
- Support Project Managers on the development and management of project costs and measure Project effectiveness through the entire scope of works.
- Facilitate CAR & CAR amendment process through development of financial plans, ROI analysis, and proper investment vs. expense recognition.
- Quickly turn-around ad-hoc financial analysis in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare business presentations for special projects.
- Support vendor evaluations and manage payment approvals and invoice processing
- Departmental Liaison to Accounting, Corporate Planning.
- Financial Control of Vessel Construction costs, Revitalizations and projects. The active portfolio is approximately $5-7b
- Oversight of local Miami, Turku and Papenburg G&A financial
- Identification of efficiencies and focus on value added work
- Bachelor’s degree in finance from a 4 year University, MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years financial management experience for a large corporation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Positive attitude with demonstrated history of success in project analysis, tracking & implementation.
- Good communication skills and good controllership mindset.
- Ability to work closely with and provide direction to highly technical managers