Lead, Shore Excursions Ops
Royal Caribbean Group
This position is responsible for the successful operation of the shipboard Shore Excursions and destination delivery program including sales objectives, quality control and administrative functions. This position will interact with shipboard management teams and collaborate on sales/marketing strategies, staff training, succession planning and the recruitment of Shore Excursions staff, diver instructors, assistant managers and managers. This position will also collaborate with product development team to optimize tour program content and recommend adjustments based on demand trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, coaches and assesses the performance of the onboard shore excursions teams.
- Oversees weekly sales results by ship and develops strategies to drive incremental revenues.
- Leads conference and/or virtual meetings with shipboard teams to discuss performance opportunities and challenges.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators for overall net revenue, on board sales and guest experience.
- Develops tactical and strategic shipboard marketing and promotional collaboration with the Manager of Shore Excursions Operations.
- Proactively assists in identifying, developing and driving onboard sales strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable long-term growth.
- Develops robust recruitment practices to attract and evaluate top Shore Excursion management and staff talent.
- Liaises with APAC scheduling team to create staffing plan. Assign Shore Excursion Managers, Assistant Shore Excursions Managers, Dive Instructors and Staff contracts to maintain approved fleet PAR levels and identify gaps for recruiting purposes.
- Consistent evaluation of Medallia comments / NPS scores to obtain feedback on tour product and overall onboard operation.
- Recommends and implements processes, policy and procedure improvements / enhancements to revenue, safety, SQM and the efficiency of the operating protocols and implements procedure changes as required.
- Involved in the talent acquisition process including interviewing, scheduling, recruiting and employee relations.
- Tracking of employee appraisals and staff development plans for career development and promotions
- PADI Dive shop operations including scheduling of Dive Instructors, vendor relations and procurement of retail items.
- For New Builds and refurbishments/amplifications – involved in scheduling, purchasing and Owner Supply
- Collaboration with Next Cruise ops team on Next Cruise/Shore ex efficiencies
Performs other duties as required:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Assesses and analyzes shipboard revenue, ratings and participation results and recommends adjustments to strategy, operations or offerings to maximize revenue.
- Works closely with Product development team and revenue team on tour pricing
- Work with product development team on tour selections, ensuring we have the allocations and product diversity for each region in order to increase overall penetration.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar required
- Shipboard experience in a management role preferred
- 5-7 years of Analytic or Sales experience required; Travel industry preferred.
- 5-7 years of Hotel Operations experience preferred (in the Travel industry with focus on sales / revenue generation)
- Must have experience in talent acquisition – interviewing and recruiting
- Must be able to travel for 3-14 days at a time.
- Proven ability to drive sales / performance through leveraging data, relationships and setting stringent goals for success
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record in program/project management and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of leadership, guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior leadership and public groups.
- Expertise in the use of personal computers with associated software (MS office products) and communication packages.
- Must have the natural ability to inspire and motivate largely remote sales teams around the world
- Must be a leader that others want to follow and learn from
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to build relationships with decision-makers of all operational areas, as well as the team both onboard and shore side
- Be creative, enthusiastic and always willing to go above and beyond what is expected to exceed customer expectations and revenue targets
While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, and stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, travel to ships and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to walk to the dock, ascend and descend the vessel. This position may regularly travel domestically or internationally. Visual requirement include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment includes work inside/outside the office, travel to other offices, possibly domestic and international travel, and work in shipboard functions. A high noise level is possible if visiting shipboard or offsite locations.