Manager, Payments and Merchant Services
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Manager, Payments and Merchant Services (Global Treasury)
This position will report to the Director of Payment Acceptance and will be primarily responsible for managing globally the acceptance of customer credit card and alternate payments. Additionally, this position will lead technology initiatives to enhance the Treasury department's analytical and process capabilities. Developing management reports around payment acceptance, as well as identifying and overseeing the implementation of cost and efficiency savings are key responsibilities of this position. This position may also support the AVP, Assistant Treasurer and the VP & Treasurer with presentations, analyses and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage global acceptance of credit cards and alternate payments from a Treasury perspective
- Manage relations with card processors, networks and technology providers. Negotiate new contracts and renewals of existing contracts and manage requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Identify and execute opportunities to reduce costs and expand capabilities including new markets and payment methods. Monitor competitor offerings and market developments worldwide.
- Track and provide reporting on collateral held by processors, if any. Ensure collateral held is per contractual terms and returned on a timely basis. Explore all avenues for processing on a noncollateralized basis.
- Provide assistance to the cruise brands, the Digital and E-commerce teams, Accounting and IT for corporate initiatives relating to payment acceptance such as new business ventures or customer experiences. Work with IT to support the design and.evolution of the payments architecture.
- Provide reporting and analytics around payment metrics such as deposit balances, volumes, costs, refunds, chargebacks and acceptance rates, across various dimensions such as payment types, processors, cruise brands and channels.
- Manage creation of data warehouse and analytical tools in collaboration with internal, expert resources. Proactively address issues and opportunities identified by the reporting such as any unfavorable trends in costs or chargebacks.
- Assist with payment issues that may come up such as chargebacks and credit card holds.
- Provide Treasury support for other card-related projects such as corporate purchase cards, co-branded cards and gift cards. Support Dynamic Currency Conversion program
- Lead technology initiatives to enhance the Treasury department's analytical and process capabilities.
- Act as an in-house expert as it relates to systems selection, management, integration and optimization. Design and execute Data Analytics and Business Intelligence initiatives in order to assist the department to better process and leverage quantitative and non-quantitative data related to RCG's bank relationships, cash management, debt and derivatives portfolio.
- Propose and lead technology initiatives focused on enhancing the Treasury department's analytical and process capabilities, improving efficiency and reducing costs (where applicable). Leverage internal IT experts on technologies such as PowerBI dashboards, data warehouses, robotic process automation, workflows, blockchain, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate with the other Finance functions to ensure benefits of technology enhancements (whether ours or theirs) are shared and coordinated.
- Utilizes his/her understanding of Treasury systems (including but not limited to Sungard Integrity and ChathamDirect) and data requirements of the Treasury department to leverage the data collection and
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 8 – 10 years of experience
- Successful track record of accomplishments.
- Experience managing global acceptance of credit cards highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to understand and negotiate complex agreements.
- Entrepreneurial drive to identify and implement opportunities in collaboration with other departments.
- Quick learner with strong analytical skills.
- Experience with emerging technologies or the ability to come up to speed on them quickly to work effectively with subject matter experts.
- External focused: attuned to market trends globally.
- Strong drive to learn and expand skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.