Director, Program Management
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Celebrity Cruises brand has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Director, Program Management on the Marketing Team reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Brand Strategy and Innovation.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
In this position, you will be responsible to drive program management and continuous improvement of all strategic brand and innovation projects for Celebrity Cruises. This entails translating strategic initiatives into projects, portfolios, roadmaps, programs, and plans to ensure completion within prescribed time frame and budget. This is important in order to drive the department’s key performance indicators and meet the defined objectives and outcome. You will function as an in-house process driver and enabler of top priority, high profile initiatives in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment. You will also oversee a team of highly skilled, professional PMOs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, and oversee the flawless execution of high complexity strategic transformational programs for the department such as new ships, private destinations, guest experience initiatives, brands’ annual operating plan, and strategic plans.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements to business critical required to drive agility and value to the business.
- Serves as a trusted brand leader to executives, develops portfolio storytelling and positioning, prepares executive communications, elevates the group’s project management standards and practices, and expands the departments impact and scale.
- Influence and partner with senior leadership, functional leaders, peers, and business to develop short-term and long-term road maps for brand and product transformation projects.
- Leads the project team and contractors in shaping scope, preparing milestones, establishing work plans, executing activities and tracking routines.
- Follow-up with team members to meet project deadlines and provide input on activities for schedule review process.
- Reviews and organizes the communication of the project plan status on a regular basis to project stakeholders and core team.
- Leads, mentors, and provides overall direction to a PMO team supporting a highly matrixed operating department.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; Master’s degree highly preferred
- +10 years of relevant experience with transformation, project, program, and portfolio management; with +3 years’ experience leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively manage resources, processes, and technical systems in a large matrix organization
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the flexibility communicate at all levels of the organization, as well as with external global partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in multicultural environments and in high stakes situations. Must be skilled at keeping various groups aligned, often providing skilled moderation to address conflict, while maintaining performance
- Ability to manage a large portfolio of projects, large vendors, and a complex set of deliverables
- Strong operational know-how and effectiveness to focus on a wide variety of areas that include land / ship construction, land / ship operation, real estate management, terminal operations, fleet deployment, global guest travel, along with others large operational areas.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using extensive technical and mathematical methods (e.g., forecasting, problem solving, qualitative analysis) to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Solid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities, and excellent financial acumen that leads bottom line results by extensively applying knowledge in day-to-day activities
- Strong skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.