Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Revenue Management Development and Systems team is responsible for all data, tools, and reporting for the Revenue Management, Revenue Planning, and Deployment departments. The Sr Analyst leads support of the team’s Oracle database, Oracle and SQL Server jobs and reporting. This position directs development of new coding projects and improvements in database administration and serves as lead conduit with the IT department. Provides performance feedback on team analysts, productivity, and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development, implementation and support of Revenue Management systems, Business Intelligence reporting and user tools. Drive efficiency improvements and technical improvements to our PL/SQL jobs and systems. Responsible to create data objects in Azure Databricks, Oracle database, and SQL Server, based on user requirements and business needs.
- Lead technical initiatives, determining user requirements and business needs to develop new reporting, while incorporating understanding of the business and our current systems. Think creatively and holistically to not only meet business objectives, but also to gain additional benefits in job and system enhancements.
- Work closely with the Revenue Management and Revenue Planning teams to understand their business challenges and objectives and identify opportunities to develop potential business improvements, revenue opportunities and efficiency gains. Initiate projects to leverage these opportunities, overseeing the development, implementation, and support of such projects, from requirements gathering, to development strategy, testing and implementation.
- Respond to ad-hoc data and analysis needs while supporting various projects. Conduct analyses of business data, evaluate trends and pattern changes, and learn to disperse results in a format appropriate for the audience.
- Create new queries and code to develop datasets and reports, and work with teams to make sure the report provides relevant, actionable information in the most effective format and medium.
- Continuously search for potential business improvements, revenue opportunities and efficiency gains.
- Own production tools or processes and serve as department and company Subject Matter Expert for those tools.
- Serve as IT liaison, working with Oracle and DB2 administrators to provide support for our jobs, IT projects and continuing business objectives.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Statistics preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required (in MIS, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Statistics helpful).
- 3+ years of work experience in related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong systems, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement applications using a programming language.
- Previous experience in successfully implementing system enhancements and decision-making tools preferred.
- PL/SQL and Oracle database experience required. Experience in Azure Databricks, SAS, .NET and UNIX desired.
- A facility in picking up new languages or platforms and leveraging them to improve or develop reports or processes.
- Experience in supporting and interpreting reporting using Business Intelligence tools (Power BI and Hyperion experience are a plus).
- Ability to interpret analytical results into meaningful business terms and translate business needs to programming and data modeling.
- Demonstrated ownership of projects and work, tenacity in following through on details and exploring remaining implications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to business and technical audiences in both spoken and written formats.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.