UX Designer (Consumer Insights)
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Global eCommerce Team has an exciting career opportunity for a full time UX Design Lead reporting to the Director, User Experience.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
Royal Caribbean Group is seeking a UX Designer to join our growing UX team. This is a new role that will have tremendous influence over crafting the Royal Caribbean Design practice, our eCommerce products and the vision for how our experience should evolve overtime. This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious design leader to make a name for themselves with the leadership team and across the organization.
Come join us in reinventing the cruise industry while transforming from being “the biggest cruise company” to “the best vacation company in the world”. If you are a customer-centered, strategic, design leader looking to expand your influence and the value proposition of design across a world class organization, then apply today! And yes, we have amazing cruise benefits!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver wireframes, visual designs, Prototypes, and presentations that drive alignment with cross-functional teams while improving the site experience.
- Ability to use research and data to create design strategies and sell into teams.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex customer journeys into intuitive product experiences.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the design discovery process using design thinking.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and test best-in-class user experiences.
- Influence the planning processes for research, new products, and feature development.
- Support several leadership level goals across organization in an agile fast-paced environment.
- Create customer journeys, process flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Contribute in developing design guidelines and patterns to create a consistent experience across the customer journey.
- Partner with research in conducting user research and ability to conduct self-initiated usertesting.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a Figma Pro and able to leverage all its basic and advanced capabilities.
- Must have 6+ years working as a designer within a corporate setting.
- Experience working on highly transactional responsive web-based experiences (desktop/mobile).
- Must have experience leading a complex project with multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
- Must have understanding of entire Human Centered Design process and role of usablity testing.
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating complex design projects and/or design system work.
- Experience working on large-scale travel, retail, and/or e-commerce experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of application types such as; web apps, native mobile apps, kiosks, wearables, smart TVs, voice applications, etc..
- Experience working with visual design, interaction design, gesture-based interactions, and motion design.
- Experience designing for multiple devices and creating a unified experience across the ecosystem.
- Experience designing systems intended to be used across multiple brands.
- Experience writing and directing writers when creating design system annotations and usage guidelines.
- Experience using design systems tools, process, and frameworks (React, Storybook, Figma Plugins, etc.)
- Experience working with cross-functional research, design, product and engineering teams.
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Located in Miami/South Florida or willing to relocate.
- You believe design can be a strategic tool, a powerful process, and a differentiating deliverable.
- You are collaborative, flexible, and accountable for delivery all at once.
- You are a storyteller who can articulate concepts through verbal, written, and visual communication.
- You are a Systems Thinker that advocates for holistic, consistent, and scalable solutions.
- You are a self-starter who is always upskilling and looking for new tools and techniques.
- You are a proactive problem solver who volunteers to help, educate, and support others.
- Willingness to be hands on within a fast-paced environment who doesn’t sacrifice quality.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.