Senior Finance Asset & Capital Management Analyst
Royal Caribbean Group
This position is responsible for conducting and coordinating various analyses as determined by Senior Management in support of operations decision making, most specifically around capital projects. This role will support and assist in planning and reporting of capital projects and related forecast, including the preparation of detailed financial models for the Company’s capital projects. Effective communication of this information with Senior Management and the respective operational groups is critical to the success of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify opportunities to improve operating performance through information gathering and analysis.
- Support Capital Project Budgeting/Forecasting, annual consolidation, and monthly forecasting of project status against plan.
- Build financial models to predict effects of operational revenue/cost action plans.
- Assist Operations and Corporate Planning with capital budgeting and analysis.
- Analyze operating results by decision-relevant variables.
- Summarize and report variance investigations and assist in the development of action plans.
- Formulate efficient research plans for analyzing large amounts of data
- Design controlled experiments to quantify operating relationships.
- Develop report writing skills in the corporate financial system(s).
- Assist in the development and implementation of benchmark reports for operating groups. Summarize trends and relationships through graphs, schedules, and memoranda. Quantify performance improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for "special project" initiatives as defined by senior management
- Complete procedures as outlined in Company policies and procedures (SOX and other requirements).
- Four-year Bachelor's or equivalent (MBA preferred); or four to ten years related financial and business analysis experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of operational personnel. Strong PC skills are required.
- Advanced analytical skills should include mathematical modeling; broad exposure to operations research, and statistics.
- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project strongly preferred.
Financial and Quantitative Responsibilities:
- Consolidate and report on Capital projects and forecasting monthly and quarterly.
- Execute SOX and Company capital reporting requirements, including capital projects in process and timely certifications.
- Coordinate and report on Monthly and Quarterly SG&A variances from forecast and actuals.
- Liaise with appropriate departments to complete monthly/quarterly requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10 - 15 pounds. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.