Strategic Planning Analyst
Royal Caribbean Group
An Analyst is a critical member of Royal Caribbean Group's Strategic Planning team focused on supporting corporate, brand, and functional leaders navigate a dynamic operating environment and execute complex organizational initiatives, while also working cross-functionally identify performance improvement opportunities across the business and turn them into actionable insights for our senior executives. Functioning as an internal consulting group, you will join a high-performing team comprised of former management consultants and current travel and tourism industry veterans that follow a growth-minded apprenticeship development model. You will have the opportunity to develop problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills, among others, in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Royal Caribbean Group's Corporate Finance & Strategy team is looking for a driven, self-starter with the ability to develop data-driven, actionable insights for our senior executives. Ideal fit will be an individual with outstanding communication skills, intellectual curiosity, strong working knowledge of corporate finance, and advanced analytical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies improvement opportunities while displaying creativity, drive, and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving. Must be comfortable with problem solving in a context of uncertainty / imperfect information.
- Develops strategic insights based on internal and external data and business analysis, including but not limited to analysis of markets, customers, and businesses.
- Uses financial analysis and other quantitative and qualitative techniques to assess a broad array of business issues and distill them into key items and proposed actions.
- Manages the analysis of complex data, with experience in gathering actionable insights.
- Builds and develops presentation decks and visualizations in PowerPoint, Power BI, or related tools which clearly communicate the team’s findings and potential impact on the business.
- Communicates with different departments and senior leaders across the company to develop new insights and work cross-functionally to help drive projects forward.
- Analyze and report on quarterly competitor earnings for direct and extended peer groups.
- Please note that permanent US work authorization is required.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- 1-3 years of relevant analytical work experience required. Experience in a management consulting firm, investment bank, or relevant strategic function at a corporation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Economics, or Finance is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) required.
- Understanding of corporate finance and accounting.
- Understanding of microeconomic and macroeconomic principles is preferred.
- Highly advanced communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills and can think strategically about the cruise/hospitality business.
- High energy and sense of urgency required.
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressure.
- Willingness to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated to achieve desired goals and objectives
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex business problems.
- Must be willing to reside in South Florida.