Sr. Manager, Product Development Finance
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Senior Manager Product Development Finance is a critical role within the RCI Finance team that is responsible for the capital budgeting, financial management, and spend forecasting of strategic land, private destinations, newbuild and modernization projects for Royal Caribbean International, as well as the departmental controllership of payroll, G&A expense, and capitalized labor (for both land and ship projects). The successful candidate must have experience managing projects through all phases of design and construction. This role will oversee a complex portfolio of initiatives and will be the primary point of contact to report out to Senior Executive-level leadership on the financial status of each track of work. The role requires expert skills in bringing team members together, facilitating large groups, wrangling disparate work tracks across multiple teams, and pulling together Executive-level status. This position thrives on big challenges and bringing high energy and enthusiasm to make things happen and achieve results.
This role is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day financial activities of a program and for keeping a birds-eye view of the individual project operations while managing and mentoring assigned project financial analysts. This position consults with all project stakeholders (internal teams and contractors) to gather, analyze, and report data for recommended courses of action; proactively strategizes, manages, plans, and drives activities of the strategic projects to ensure project completion within prescribed budget; manages all aspects of project financial planning, tracking, and status reporting. This position is also responsible for the financial control of the projects’ contractual process. Projects assigned are typically high priority, high profile, and multi-departmental initiatives for the organization and thus require continuous communication and interaction with the project team and department executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primarily responsible for the financial leadership for the Product Development / Private Destinations financial portfolio. Manage multiple broad and complex programs consisting of multiple projects of work in support of guest experiences on private island destinations (e.g., Perfect Day and Royal Beach Clubs, etc.).
• Estimate and develop capital budgets for Private Destination projects via financial modeling tools created by the finance team over product development.
• Create and maintain the overall program financial outlook collecting necessary data points from various project managers and team leads.
• Provide monthly tracking and reporting of capital spend and forecasted spend available for executive review and decision-making. Track progress of owner supply requisition and procurement in accordance with budget for cost control and reporting.
• Monitor and manage existing capital requests, update forecasts based on reasonable assumptions and actual performance and initiatives, and monitor watch list projects and amendments to existing projects. Responsible for writing Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) memoranda to formally request approval for Private Destination capital projects.
• Present monthly financial status of individual projects to various levels within the organization and oversee the development of staff to present to various levels of the organization on the same topic. Provide detailed monthly analysis on G&A plan performance and provide forecasts that support organizational goals and objectives.
• Maintain and enhance project cost controls including, leadership of monthly closing, reconcile projects to G/L, ensure compliance with company policies especially those regarding investment and expense.
• Oversee monthly journal entries to reclassify capitalized labor for the Product Development department (across all capital projects – ships and land).
• Review and approve business presentations for special projects.
• Identification of efficiencies and focus on value added work.
• Support the growth and mentorship of Finance Analysts supporting his/her portfolio.
• Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
• Up to 15% travel may be required
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments to obtain information that is required
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with 10+ years of work experience as Finance Manager or similar position.
• Minimum 5-10 years of financial management experience for a large corporation. MBA preferred.
• Prior experience in overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects
• Experience managing portfolios with annual budgets exceeding $50M.
• Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel. Strong PC skills are required.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunities to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.