Development Project Manager
Royal Caribbean Group
Position Summary / Job Purpose:
The Destination Development Group manages over $1 billion of assets under management (AUM) across various cruise port investments, and with a pipeline of port investments exceeding $2 billion, is actively engaged in acquiring cruise ports and related commercial developments across the globe for both strategic reasons and financial returns.
Reporting into the Director of Development Design and Construction, the Development Project Manager, position supports the management of development and construction of ports, terminals, and other destination development projects. Responsible for overseeing all project budgets and cost controls and managing all administrative and technical requirements for multiple construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Royal Caribbean Group design and consultants through all project phases.
- Directs and manages a broad range of activities associated with pre-design, design, pre-construction and construction.
- Direct efforts for project feasibility and conceptualization.
- Responsible for the implementation of the project master plan and development of the project plan.
- Responsible for managing all administrative and technical requirements (including but not limited to payment applications, document control, RFIs, Change Orders, review of submittals) for multiple construction projects.
- Oversee all project budgets and cost controls for specific programs, interprets and analyzes reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Leads efforts to analyze risk and define schedule related issues, including analysis of long lead materials or equipment which may impact project schedule & forecast variance.
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders, design team, vendors, and contractors that reflects and supports company core values.
- Along with stakeholders, lead RCG's involvement in the community to build strategic relationships and to embrace local communities.
- Direct all periodic planning, progress and coordination meetings to attended by project team and other key people on project concerns, problems, and unexpected situations that may arise with stakeholders, consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Provide oversight of all contract requirements (such as bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, costs).
- Leads change management processes, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals
- Management of the project closeout process to settle all financial obligations including transition of projects to Operations.
- Ensure project Buy-out and manage all Owner Direct Purchases of FF&E, OS&E, IT, AV, Security, Surveillance, and other project related scopes.
- Leads negotiation contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Direct strategy and implementation of RCG sustainability goals for each project.
- Oversee the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program for each project.
- Travel to project sites for purpose of due diligence, compare progress to schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review any problems, and verify the quality of work being performed meets contract specifications.
- This position will be based in Miami.
- Negotiate construction agreements up to $100M in collaboration with the Director and regional project owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Engineering, Architecture or related field plus 10 years of experience in leadership positions on commercial projects of various sizes preferred.
- Manage essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality and timely results on assigned projects.
- Experience in supervising and developing employees to assess and build talent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and other architectural drawings.
- Ability to interpret relevant areas of contract documents, such as Terms and Conditions.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate multiple responsibilities to others.
- Excellent presentation skills
- 50% travel