Royal Caribbean Group
Manager, Production | Brand Marketing
Direct Reports: 2 x Sr. Producers, Sr. Asset Specialist
Setting a top standard for creative development with a desire to always inspire and drive your team to success. Responsible for managing production of marketing assets, management of the creative concepting process, editing, digital asset management, distribution and supporting the day to day needs of the production and content team as a whole.
Lead marketing production projects on ship and in destination for TV, video and print shoots, including management of talent, usage rights, Holding fees for music, talent used in Marketing advertising and ensuring all budgets are met.
- Provide a vision and drive planning and cross team collaboration for annual production plans optimizing for asset gaps, priorities, editing assistance for creative campaigns and asset needs
- Develop the production calendar for all content creation
- Hold bi-weekly touch base meetings with major internal content departments to assess asset gaps and send out follow up reports for upcoming productions across departments, etc.
- Manage the content creator program by expanding our creator library and new content teams to ensure program growth.
- Support and run day-to-day needs for our team’s editing process that could include b-roll reels, department sizzles, international support, and more.
- Be passionate about the latest technology, equipment, creative tools available in the production world: editing softwares, cameras, editing techniques, drone equipment, and what is popular in both photo and video.
- Ensure your teams and contractors have a firm understanding of the post production workflow to ensure flawless asset handoff to digital asset team. This is inclusive of cataloging, editing and storage of all video and photo assets produced by all departments including, but not limited to NA and International Marketing, Fleet Ops, Hotel Ops, and Explorations Depts.
Develop and manage timelines and workflows for production needs, internal teams, agency partners and other projects.
- Lead in managing the MAM, and working to consistently making the RAW asset management process better and more efficient.
- Lead in managing Global Image Library (DAM site) includes overseeing library enhancements and managing vendor/agency responsibility in accordance with this program.
- Lead managing the collection and metadata for video, radio and photo assets produced by all departments including, but not limited to NA and International Marketing, Fleet Ops, Hotel Ops, and Explorations.
- Manage editing and content team to ensure deliverables are met on project timelines. Drive the b-roll process to ensure the library for usage company-wide is up to date and fueled with the best of the best content.
- Support supervisor in the production of media partner TV integrations and sponsorships as needed
- Work with internal marketing teams, sales organization, International Marketing, revenue management, HR, Hotel Fleet Operations, Corporate Communications and marketing partners to achieve an integrated communications effort and brand consistency.
- BA/BS degree required
- 6-10 years of progressive marketing and/or production experience in a marketing and/or advertising agency or the production industry.
- Experience with cruise industry preferred but not required
- Strong production experience for multi-million dollar projects is a must.
- Experience with contract creation, permits, etc needed.
- Highly detail oriented and passionate about finding solutions
- A producer with a love for production and the creative process
- A leader that has a passion for the process and work, and also for people and relationship building.
- Experience leading, developing and inspiring team of direct reports.
- Desire to learn and improve with each project
- Working knowledge of personal computers within a windows environment with e-mail, MS Word and Excel, and related printers and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- In addition, this position requires ability to evaluate creative briefs for strategic direction for all projects.
- Time and travel flexibility are required.
- Travel for TV, Video and Photo shoots will be required to be over weekends and extended normal working hours as well as travel to escort partners with whom we have developed a relationship with for the purpose of gaining additional exposure for our brand.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong management and leadership capabilities including the ability to provide sound direction and motivation when leading a production.
Creative and strategic appreciation understanding the value of great ideas and able to recognize strong creative work and how to produce and facilitate.
Exceptional relationship builder with the ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
A solid understanding of content strategy and production
Strong presentation skills