Lead, Creative Production & Content
Royal Caribbean Group
Lead, Creative | Production & Content
The Lead, Creative will join a team that is responsible for capturing the vast majority of the content that is used across all marketing channels – inclusive of advertising, web, one to one, etc. This position will play an important role in helping this team plan for upcoming shoots, by developing a concept, shot lists, providing on location direction and managing the post process. In addition to that, we will be looking for this positon to drive the post production process, to ensure that the best assets are selected and finalized for distribution. Team work is super important to the success of our production projects so working well with others is an important part of this job description. While collaborating and working with a team is super important, being able to drive projects forward will also be an important part of success in this role.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about all things production and content creation. Candidates should possess an expert level of visual storytelling ability. Candidates should also possess competency in recognizing, developing and building copy/tone and visual/art direction in line with brand standards. This position will work on projects with large and small budgets so being able to flex to those environments is fundamental to success. The Lead, Creative will work closely with an in-house team of editors, producers, content creators and other teams across Brand and Marketing.
Key responsibilities include providing creative feedback for commercial spots, international content, and other video deliverables as well as photo deliverables needed by the different Marketing teams.
Video production, pre & post video production including researching, organizing, scouting, shot list creation, and more. Another key role of this position is learning the library assets available and being able to communicate and assess asset gaps as they arise for the organization. This role is an ever-changing role that will be empowered to deliver on creative concepting for shot lists, creative series, social content, commercial spots, brand stories, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the creation of content across multiple platforms and serve as the subject matter expert on our brand creative perspective.
- Leading & providing pre and post-production needs from research, scouting, creative shot lists, strategy, equipment needs, crew needs, pulling selects and more in order to meet the project requirements while staying in the provided budget.
- Pulling photo & video selects for all productions and communicating out to key teams and team members on what’s available or going to be available.
- Leading the editing team to ensure b-roll process is still flowing, being quality controlled, and then distributed appropriately to the server and to the DAM according to our asset management process.
- Editing sizzles for presentations and international content as needed.
- Stays current on new technology, editing/coloring/animation software, camera/computer or other interesting equipment relevant to production.
- Strategize and propose creative concepts and innovative formats in line with the planning calendar, brand voice and legacy, ensuring consistent messaging/tone and visual/art direction.
- Partner with Sr. Manager and Producers to ensure the timely delivery of projects and assets.
- Ensure execution consistency of all content and programs adhering to brand standards and style guides.
- Has exceptional time management and thorough knowledge and understanding of processes and the time required for projects.
- Review content after productions to determine selects for team usage, including video and photo.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 5 years of writing/art directing, designing, and developing content in branding spaces with strategic business acumen skills; prefer a minimum of 3 years demonstrated success with driving high-performing content slates in a cruise, travel or hospitality environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a collaborative colleague: hard-working, level-headed, creative, kind, and a team player.
- The ability to work independently without supervision.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- Strong conceptual and aesthetic skills (color, illustration, typography, logo design, layout); retouching; experience with print, OOH, and social media/digital delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or Media Arts preferred
- Advanced listening, verbal and written communication skills, including experience in creating, writing, researching, and managing content in multiple formats.
- Experience leading, developing and inspiring team of direct reports.
- Collaborative leader with proven ability to build bridges and connect resources and talent, ideally with experience managing across cross-functional teams within an organization.
- Possess deep knowledge and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite - master of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) + Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence, a can-do attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; enjoys working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate openly and proactively with meticulous attention to detail.