Lead, Revenue Growth and Strategy
Royal Caribbean Group
As Lead, Revenue Growth and Strategy, this individual is responsible for supporting our revenue strategy and growth initiatives by measuring revenue initiative effectiveness and execution of revenue opportunities more than $150M annually. You will support brand wide revenue initiatives by accurately forecasting future growth opportunities based on recent and historic trends to appropriately set targets at the market and channel level. This position proactively identifies opportunities through best-in-class data extraction and translation to contribute towards profitable growth for the Royal Caribbean International brand. They will work closely with senior business analysts to provide necessary forecast modeling and track creation projects to adequately track revenue initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of data analysts responsible for development of new models, as well as improvements to our current models, used to analyze and predict patterns and behavior related to demand, revenue, and market nuances.
- Ability to creatively create KPI’s for first in industry projects which do not have common benchmarks or reliable data.
- Leverage relationships across other data teams in the organization to establish trustworthy database resources to accurately measure revenue initiatives.
- Responsible for development, accuracy, and maintenance of tools, including automated Power BI reporting, for RM Ancillary and Incremental Revenue Projects.
- Responsible for continuous analysis on revenue performance of ongoing RM Projects.
- Identify new revenue generating opportunities through internal and external research and analyses; build business cases that support long-term financial impact of growth initiatives.
- Ability to leverage both technical and advanced mathematical skills to procure, interpret, and convert data into insightful analysis.
- Ability to translate and develop overall story to deliver to stakeholders across various departments in the organization.
- Project Manage timelines and meetings with necessary stakeholders ensuring projects remain on time and on budget.
- Responsible for working cross-functionally to identify opportunities to drive and improve revenue, presenting findings to Management.
- Prepare and deliver performance updates to Senior Leadership on a reoccurring basis.
- Spearhead growth initiatives through change management with all necessary stakeholders.
- Performance of these tasks requires an entrepreneurial mindset with very limited supervision.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications and Education:
- To perform this position successfully, the individual should be a self-starter and be able to complete a project with little direction. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and accurate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required to satisfy this position:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or master’s degree (MA) preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university required with focus in quantitative discipline preferred.
- One to Three years of related experience in financial / business analysis or related field preferred. Familiarization with revenue management concepts and tools preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of Revenue Management concepts and tools or basic economics.
- Previous experience with Sales, Marketing, Analytics preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in implementing system enhancements and decision-making tools preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality, clear and concise presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Brio Intelligence/Hyperion Studio, Toad Oracle SQL, PowerBI, Word, and PowerPoint required and ability to manipulate data essential.
- Knowledge of reservations system and revenue management data preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Willingness to accept immediate product and project responsibility.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated maturity. Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret revenue performance data.
- Ability to logically structure quantitative analyses of complex issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in global environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, and may lift, push, pull or move 10 - 15 pounds. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.