Manager, Product Digital Sales
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Manager of Product Digital Sales is responsible for oversight of the global trade channel digital product portfolio for Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea. The role is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of the trade website and booking tool features with a focus on driving continuous improvement, automation adoption (sales/service), conversion rates and online ticket revenue. The Manager of Product Digital Sales delivers the strategic product vision for the trade website – CruisingPower.com and booking tool – Espresso. The role also oversees and supports the Global Distribution Systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Travelport), 3rd Party Technology Partners (Odysseus, Revelex, TravelTek, TravTech, IST), Corporate Cruise API, Vacation Package Search (VPS) and the Partner Pricing Feed (PPF). The Manager also leads product discovery and manages product roadmaps to maximize the customer experience and revenue generation. The role is responsible for overall product quality, and is a key facilitator between the Product, UX, Business Intelligence, QA DevOps, and Support teams. Additionally, this individual is responsible for the oversight of trade brand compliance across all sales channels to resolve copyright, trademark infringement and domain recovery. The Manager of Product Digital Sales is also responsible for managing, coaching and the development for a team of 8 individuals responsible for the Product Digital Sales portfolio.
This role will serve as the liaison between digital sales and partnering/collaborating with team members and other key areas within the company such as IT, Revenue Management, Marketing, Trade Support & Service, Hotel Operations, Global Markets, and other Digital teams.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. This position will work on site, at our office located in Miami, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, counsels, and manages the day-to-day functions of producers, partners (GDS), 3rd party technology partners, creative agencies, and consultants.
- Accountable for product performance and metrics to determine the success of “visits” and bookings and relates data to department staff for product assessment and potential enhancements.
- Responsible for the annual business planning process; development of annual department Capital Plan to support brand marketing and sales objectives as directed by the Sr. Vice President.
- Develops strategies and initiatives for new products and tools to enhance the trade distribution segment.
- Manages trade brand compliance across all sales channels to resolve copyright, trademark infringement and domain recovery.
- Monitors the external environment and identifies opportunities to fulfill the e-Commerce Sales & Marketing strategy.
- Works with subordinate staff members to ensure all areas meet desired goals and objectives; confers with peer management in Sales organization to ensure mutual objectives are met.
- Participates in the creation of planning models that supports the organization’s mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Participates with senior management in the development of long-range planning and objectives.
- Develops and executes Sales & Marketing strategies and initiatives to promote trade web site, booking tools, programs, and automation.
- Responsible for contract negotiations to meet corporate cost savings.
- Manages project prioritization and execution with IT and creative agencies.
- Manages the flow of product and feature enhancements through all aspects of the product delivery lifecycle, from initial ideation to delivery and ongoing optimization.
- Primary point of accountability for product performance, quality, and trade satisfaction.
- Analyzing and evangelizing product opportunities.
- Aligning product strategy/roadmap with brands’ and corporate KPIs.
- Incorporating customer, market, and competitive analysis into strategic recommendations.
- Partnering closely with different business teams representing user and company needs. Examples include IT, Revenue Management, Marketing, Trade Support & Service, Global Markets, etc.
- Presenting to internal stakeholders and establishing self as the resident product expert with deep understanding of all business processes.
- Collaborate with leadership, peers, and colleagues to determine product and business priorities.
- Contribute to overall product vision, strategy, development, and execution.
- Continually assessing technology and new business solutions to provide a best-in-class customer experience.
- Ensure product backlog represents a plan for increasing automation, online revenue, and customer value.
- Managing teams to deliver multiple workstreams in parallel.
- Manages and monitors the Product Digital Sales portfolio to ensure the team is properly prioritizing efforts, communicating, optimally using resources, and delivering solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal/external team members to identify issues, drive optimization, organization, and efficiencies for product support.
- Owns and Evaluates production issues to deliver solutions and distribute accountability.
- Overseas product support and maintenance to find areas of improvements and efficiencies.
- Ensures the Product Digital Sales team have the tools, process and structure needed to perform at a high level.
- Responsible for monitoring sites performance and the development of KPIs.
- Accountable for cost savings by meeting corporate automation targets.
- Manage the Product Digital Sales operational budget, capital expenditures and expenses.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Partner with Sales finance team to manage Product Digital Sales budget, forecast, capital expenditures and expenses.
- Work with Sr. Web Analyst to track product metrics, performance, and automation goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or equivalent, directly related experience required.
- At least 7+ years’ experience working in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience in all stages of agile methodology from planning, development, Q/A, deployment.
- Familiar with conducting and implementing analysis and recommendations which deliver results.
- Experienced working with IT technical resources as well as customer facing teams.
- Experience managing multiple issues and prioritizing with sound judgment.
- Experienced and understanding of key web support and Dev Ops tools (Jira, Slack, etc.)
- Strong management, leadership, and collaborative experience with internal departments with emphasis on: IT, Revenue Management, Marketing, Trade Support & Service and Global Markets.
- Strong management, leadership and collaborative experience working with external creative/marketing agencies, on-line technical and marketing partners, research, tracking and performance firms and suppliers.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and properly establishing communications and productive working relationships.
- Experienced with communicating complex issues to top level executives.
- Experienced with managing others and collaborating with large teams.
- Travel Industry eCommerce experience preferred.
- Ability to be detail oriented and execute at a tactical level.
- Strong interactive marketing experience and moderate technical background preferred.
- Must be a highly organized self-starter able to manage multiple concurrent work streams, producing high quality deliverables while working with minimum supervision.
- Web experience preferred.
- Flexibility to changing priorities and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of multilayered organization and establishing clear workflows.
- Knowledgeable on operational web tools (Jira, Slack, etc.)
- Strong ability to assess and prioritize based on brand/department KPIs.
- Thought leadership skills, including the ability to recognize trends/opportunities and formulate recommendations relevant to the business.
- Excellent ability to work in team environment.
- Strong planning, analytical, project management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills to interact with team members, partners and all levels of employees and management, both internal and external.
- Strong negotiating skills and understanding of legal contracts.
- Strong understanding of systems, internal controls, and the ability to develop processes and procedures to support the company’s operation.
- Previous experience with managing budget a plus.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Ability to work in a complex, matrix environment where priorities change rapidly, and tight deadlines exist is required.
- Proactive and resourceful thinker, proposing new ideas and thinking strategically about the tasks in front of them.
- Ability to collaborate on strategies and craft tactical solutions to achieve strategic goals.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.