Lead, Product Owner
Royal Caribbean Group
Role: Lead Product Owner
Are you ready to make your mark in a fast-paced, high-energy environment? We're looking for top-tier talent to integrate into Royal Caribbean’s HR Transformation practice.
The role is a Lead Product Owner primarily focused on at least one of the following functions:
- Core HR + Security
- Compensation + Benefits
- Talent Acquisition + Onboarding
- Talent Management + Learning
These functions are supported by SAP SuccessFactors HCM and a wide array of integrated vendor platforms.
In this role, you will be primarily supporting our Human Resources business function and Centers of Excellence while working as part of an Agile team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in Release Management and the planning, communication and validation of new software upgrades and releases
- Get an in-depth understanding of problems to solve and issues that arise throughout the product development lifecycle, studying them from a variety of angles
- Partner across teams to define solutions to problems
- Lead business analysis and develop business requirements
- Define UAT test cases and execute testing
- Assist in the exploration, evaluation, recommendation, design, and configuration of new features and functionalities within SAP SuccessFactors
- Keep our team on track with flexible, agile roadmaps that evolve as our plans do
- Facilitate meetings with client representatives to identify & create functional requirements
- Facilitate meetings with our developers to document technical design requirements
- Refine features into user stories and story acceptance criteria
- Provide the project team with detailed functional and technical design recommendations for configurations and customizations of the ERP or other business applications
- Perform sub-project management tasks on larger projects, and/or manage smaller projects and initiatives
- Be the key Subject Matter Expert (SME) to determine the right technology solution to meet strategic business initiatives
- Partner with COE leads to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs
- Partner with a scrum team to build, enhance and manage one or more products, capabilities, or services
- Coordinate with other Agile Product Managers to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple delivery streams or release trains
- Consult with the development, testing, and training groups on application requirements, and ensure that each group has the business and technical information they need to produce deliverables
- Interact with business clients, schedule and facilitate meetings, document business needs and translate them into a system solution and/or process, both from a functional and technical standpoint
- Proactively influence design reviews by sharing technical subject matter expertise and highlighting risks
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to mid-level management and Steering Committee members
- Develop partnerships with our HRIT organization business stakeholders and provide guidance on how to best leverage and utilize SAP SuccessFactors for HCM and reporting.
Improve and Grow
- Continuously gather feedback on our solutions and refine our approach to deliver robust quality solutions and delight our customers
- Apply advanced knowledge of our solutions, methodologies, and techniques to design, configure and build quality integrations
- Research industry trends to support goals and objectives within enterprise-wide applications, as directed
- Exhibit a growth mindset while learning innovative technologies and techniques
- Create efficiencies with assigned tasks to minimize delivery time and standardize delivery
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business, or a related field
- Knowledge of HR objects and processes
- 3+ years of experience with HCM Applications
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- History of a focus on improving the employee experience
- General understanding of UX and software design
- Hands-on experience with HCM Applications
- Solid group facilitation and communication skills across different levels of leadership
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of both Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps best practices such as Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery for distributed services
- Proven documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects
- Ability to comply with handling sensitive and confidential employee data.
- Quickly understand new information and how it connects to a larger picture
- Openness to receiving and applying feedback
- Possess a collaborative, get-it-done personality
- Works under general direction; must be able to work independently.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunities to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.