Lead, APMO Governance
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Global eCommerce Team has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Lead, APMO Governance reporting to the Director, Program Delivery.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
Overview of the Team:
The Royal Caribbean Global Ecommerce division is excited to bring talented team members to join our new Agile Program Management Office (APMO).
The Agile PMO is an organizational function responsible for oversight and governance of our value streams. Our focus is to foster operational excellence as part of our lean agile transformation. The journey begins with strategy and investment funding to ensure everything is designed to meet targets for the Global Ecommerce portfolio of products and projects. The APMO then promotes agile operations and uses decentralized program execution and operational superiority. Throughout the framework, the APMO provides program level reporting, program risk management, operational standardization, program maturity tracking, program dependencies mapping, and program spending governance.
The Program Governance Lead is crucial member of a cross functional APMO team that provides oversight and governance of our vertical and horizontal value streams. Within these value steams, global ecommerce has vast of array of product and project teams that operate in an agile delivery methodology. The APMO is a lean operational excellence team that provides the ‘right-size’ support for our empowered values streams. We do not believe in a top-down stage gate waterfall process that can slow down the delivery of capability to our customers. Our team understands and promotes the need to synchronize the way we work without slowing down the agility needed within the value streams to pivot and deliver fast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains APMO charter, ensuring all governance standards and objectives are properly documented and communicated to the delivery teams
- Provides APMO oversight of assigned value streams to ensure there is transparency into our we are tracking to our program milestones
- Supports portfolio intake and tracking of key initiatives for assigned value streams. Works with the value stream leads to understand the purpose and delivery schedule for each key initiative. Collaborates portfolio manager to ensure initiatives are tracked in the Portfolio Kanban
- Prepares and presents program level reports, consolidating all value stream reports into a program level view of key initiatives for the leadership team
- Prepare and presents additional custom, and ad hoc, APMO reports and dashboards to support governance oversight to foster operational excellence
- Tracks and reports program level risks and issues in risk registry. Ensures risks are reviewed and mitigated, issues are escalated and resolved, and changes are documented and approved
- Consistently tracks key initiative delivery dates and milestones for assigned value streams. Provides a central source of information to leadership team and communications team for milestones so that inconsistent data is not communicated
- Tracks dependencies across delivery dates and key initiatives, connecting the dots across the program
- Provides lean and effective oversight of projects within assigned value streams to ensure fixed projects led by vendors are on schedule and provide transparency
- Regularly schedules, facilitates, and documents notes of meetings for the APMO. Ensures action items and next steps documented and tracked to conclusion
- Collaborates with internal and external constituents, including vendors, to meet common goals and resolve conflicting issues
- Applies subject matter expertise in the execution of assigned functional responsibilities; remains current with industry trends
- Performs independently, and proactively collaborates internally and externally to solve technical and business problems
- Leads others, either directly or indirectly, and is accountable for the results of the APMO team
- Provides budget governance support, working closely with financial team
- Supporting budget tracking, forecast vs actuals for assigned value stream
- Supports defining optimization opportunities to manage expenses
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience in the field or in a related area
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in an organization that used agile methodology.
- Experience using Atlassian tool suite to track agile delivery (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience in leading or directing the work of project teams.
- Relevant training or certification in project management and/or degree in a relevant technology
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Well versed in program management techniques, processes, tools, and methodologies
- Well versed in agile delivery methodologies
- Must have demonstrated experience utilizing project plans, issue logs, risk/mitigation strategies
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and capabilities across specific area of responsibility
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers and management; ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Capable of making independent decisions that impact IT and/or related program delivery
- Accepts accountability and manages execution of individual and project team results
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet organizational goals
- Master’s degree
- Relevant training or certification in agile methodology
- PMO governance experience
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.