2024 Summer Internship | NewBuild Project Management
Royal Caribbean Group
What we're looking for:
Grad Dates: December 2024 & May 2025 grads
Location: Miami, FL (Port of Miami office)
Format: In Person Monday - Thursday and remote on Friday's
Dates: June 3rd - August 9th, 2024
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
About the Program: At Royal Caribbean Cruises, we offer a 10-week paid, skill-enriching, innovation-generating summer advantage. Our interns innovate, collaborate, and deliver. Looking for an internship where you’ll fill coffee orders and file papers? This isn’t the one. We’re counting on our interns to bring fresh ideas and own exciting projects in the works.
Still not hooked? Let’s talk about the perks. Philanthropy days, exclusive events, transportation incentives, and the most incredible view of Miami in the city. From stunning beaches to drool-worthy Cuban food, a summer in Miami is one you’ll never forget.
As an intern at our corporate headquarters, you’ll be part of a top-notch global workforce. You will be exposed to real life business situations and work on projects alongside our employees, all the while learning relevant skills that will make your resume look good.
Your summer will include ship visits, community projects, and even a chance to pick the brain of executives during Executive Spotlights. You’ll have a chance to gain insight into how we create the products, systems and services that help deliver the best vacations at sea. This is an internship where you won’t come out empty-handed… or empty-brained.
Brief Description of the Team:
Program Management Office working to coordinate a portfolio of Newbuild Projects across 4 shipyards spread in Europe for technical execution and construction with Miami being the headquarters for design and brand ambition from a proeduct development.
Brief Description of the Internship:
- Project & task coordination and support to the development, tracking/monitoring and reporting of several small size presentations and meetings from inception to completion, ensuring on-time delivery of requested outputs.
- Coordinates the preparation of periodic or recurring meetings and charrettes (i.e. reproduction of materials, coordination of meeting location, creating agenda, and personnel) and establishes the required technical environment for said meetings
- Takes meeting minutes and organizes into action items and deliverables. Helps to update and maintain project/program action logs. Periodic follow up with assigned action item owners to assess status and follow through to closure.
- Supports Newbuilding Department in planning, organization, and control activities related to requests for proposals, service agreements, confidentiality contracts, and other consultant agreements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate program related business
- Must be able to commit from May 30th to August 11th – Internship Program
- Able to work 40 hours a week
- Able to work In Office (Miami Florida) from Monday -Thursday / Remote on Fridays
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 is highly preferred
- Strong analytical experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written)
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.