Senior Fullstack Engineer
Royal Caribbean Group
The Senior Software Engineer reports to an engineering/product manager. She/he has a working knowledge of software engineering principles and best practices, able to implement a solution design using design patterns and latest technologies, able to troubleshoot technical issues, and perform application testing and DevOps. In addition, the role requires strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing engineering solutions and supporting technology selections for software systems and applications within the Royal Caribbean product portfolios. The role is expected to drive the delivery of one or more solution components from project inception through its delivery in close collaboration with cross-team members. The role contributes solution options for review / approval and produces technical designs that are aligned with software engineering practices/principles. She/he is responsible for documenting solution decisions across impacted applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement for operational excellence including engineering resiliency, performance, availability, and scalability of her/his applications.
- Full-Stack Development: Lead the development of robust, scalable, and high-performance web applications, working on both the front-end and back-end components.
- Architecture / Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers and designers, to create technical solutions aligned with business objectives. Help in defining and refining the application architecture, making design decisions, and ensuring scalability and maintainability.
- Test Automation: Define and write automated tests for both front-end and back-end code, conduct thorough code reviews, and perform proper testing to ensure the quality and reliability of the application.
- Performance Optimization: Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, optimize application performance, and enhance scalability.
- Technical Leadership: Mentor and guide junior engineers, provide technical expertise, and support, and contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes and best practices.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, in an Agile/Scrum development environment to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Security and Compliance: Implement secure systems and ensure compliance with all corporate security and regulatory requirements and objectives.
- Perform other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Understanding of, and participation in, technical estimation activities
- Responsible for defining optimization opportunities to manage cost
- Track effort hours by activity in time management tool
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, or equivalent
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in full-stack web development, with a focus on scalable and complex web applications.
- Preferred experience working in large, cross-functional teams in a globally diverse model
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Deep understanding and expertise in back-end development using modern frameworks, such as Spring/Spring Boot, or Node.js.
- Proficiency in database systems (SQL or NoSQL) and designing efficient database schemas.
- Solid knowledge of web security best practices, authentication, and authorization mechanisms.
- Experience with cloud platforms and services like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a passion for delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, and may lift, push, pull or move 10 to 15 pounds. Visual requirement includes distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The role will primarily function within the professional IT and business office environments located in South Florida; some occasional business travel is required. The space complies with safety, environment, health, and accessibility requirements. The work environments are maintained to reinforce collaboration, motivation, and innovation to help maintain a vibrant and distinctive culture and a diverse workforce.