Manager, Tech Hotel Maintenance
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
This position is responsible for supporting the fleet in all aspects related to hotel technical systems such as laundry equipment, catering equipment, recreational water facilities, USPH compliance related to the hotel technical facilities and equipment, domestic piping systems and other technical accommodation systems. There are multiple layers of support that is given to the fleet, ranging from day-to-day operational support to managing large scale replacement projects as part of our equipment lifecycle management strategy. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the fleet together with the shipboard leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the fleet with day-to-day technical support.
- Provides support in emergencies related to hotel technical equipment.
- Develops and implements long term strategies, goals & plans as to the maintenance of our key systems in the fleet.
- Maintains a good understanding of the current condition of the equipment and systems onboard.
- Maintains the 5-year capital plan up to date taking into account the lifecycle of the equipment and systems onboard and forecasted drydocking schedules.
- Monitors for and analyzes trends in unplanned maintenance through communication with the shipboard leadership and reports pulled from our management systems. Provides recommendations on how to address negative trends.
- Manages the financial performance of the fleet together with the shipboard leadership, reviews all requisitions from the ships for completeness, necessity, and pricing.
- Research & development for replacement of aging or obsolete technologies with alternative solutions, develops cost benefit analyses and presents findings to his supervisor.
- Identifies potential savings and efficiencies related to fleet spare part inventories.
- Participates in the development of Riding Crew Teams and provides feedback of their performance during operations, drydocks and projects.
- Assesses the performance and skills of the shipboard leadership and identifies learning and development opportunities, partners with HR to develop such programs and certifications.
- Works closely with key stakeholders such as fleet management, hotel operations, safety and environment, and risk management
- Participates in recruitment activities for shipboard leadership and personnel.
- Leads key fleet objectives such as energy efficiency, public health, and workplace safety.
- Manage all operational costs related to Hotel Maintenance operations, in conjunction with shipboard leadership and their supervisors, and ensure budget compliance.
- Develop scope of required capital funding for lifecycle and upgrade projects needed for the fleet, manages such projects within budgets allocated.
- Overall budget responsibility ranges between 15M$ to 25M$ per year
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering required, with a concentration in Project Management and / or Industrial Engineering or equivalent engineering experience. Alternatively, an experienced Hotel Maintenance Manager/ Chief Engineer may be considered as well.
- Relevant experience as Marine/Mechanical Engineer is required, with a shipping company, classification society or similar organization.
- Five years of experience in a managerial position with multiple direct reports / business units or in management of complex industrial projects.
- Proven record of successful project completion and financial aptitude.
- 20% travel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency in various aspects of Maritime Engineering and a good understanding of how various technical systems onboard function (HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, etc)
- Detailed understanding of shipboard operations and operating environment
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication as well as negotiation skills, ability to be persuasive.
- Possess conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle fast paced decision making and crisis management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations governing the industry, such as general classification requirements, SOLAS, USPH, and knowledge of how to access updated information when required.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, MS Project or equivalent, PowerPoint, AMOS
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.