Manager, Procurement (Information Technology)
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Procurement Manager (Information Technology) is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the staff engaged in fulfilling the goals and objectives of the Procurement function involving IT.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to deliver maximum value by standardizing procurement's source-to-pay process.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support on strategic sourcing decisions to facilitate efficient and cost-effective procurement execution.
- Manage continuous improvement KPIs for all procurement activities related to strategically procuring/negotiating Marketing services, delivering financial performance, and supplier performance.
- Develop, manage, and analyze performance improvements while tracking procurement target updates and reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and controls the activities related to the assigned procurement function
- Organizes, manages, and directs the work of the employees in the assigned procurement function; overseeing the assignment of duties, responsibilities, and workstations to employees; approves personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Provides final approval for overtime needs
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Ensures that total costs are identified, and optimal savings are realized throughout the entire purchasing process
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and procurement techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high-quality products and service at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Prepares and issues Purchase Orders and Change Notices
- Reviews Purchase Order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management
Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in related field is required.
- 10+ years of related experience procuring Information technology and products are required. A similar marketing background that includes career progression, i.e., purchasing, category management, sourcing, and contract negotiation, will be considered.
Knowledge & Skills:
- MBA plus experience from a cruise line working with Sourcing, Contracting, and P2P suites, i.e., Coupa, SAP Ariba, etc., are preferred.
- 8 + years related experience with an emphasis in procuring Information technology services and products, or similar information technology background in progressively responsible positions (Purchasing Category Management, sourcing, and contracting experience mainly)
- Financial acumen to successfully manage budgets and headcount while reducing costs and increasing efficiencies
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service, including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement policies and procedures to ensure 100% compliance
- Ability to manage a staff positively and productively by motivating, developing, and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Ability to read and write English to understand and interpret written procedures, including the ability to give/receive instructions in written/verbal forms to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, shipboard employees, and vendors.
- Working knowledge of technology, including hardware, software, internet access, and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to periodically travel, domestically & internationally, approximately 10-25% of the time
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.