Lead Engineer, Software
Royal Caribbean Group
The Lead Software Engineer, reports to the director of HR Systems. Individual will have good experience with software engineering principles and best practices, solution design, latest SAP roadmap and technologies, technical troubleshooting techniques, and application testing approaches. Individual should have technical abilities in all aspects of HR Systems integration, cloud development and role-based security management and system administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development team to implement and integrate with large/complex enterprise systems
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing systems
- Ensures software is updated with latest features and industry standards
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Solid understanding of IT estimation activities. May lead large/complex estimation activities
- Meets expectations in meeting deadline within budget, schedule and appropriate quality
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience on software development
- Experience collaborating with large, cross-functional teams in a globally diverse model
- Hands on design and development experience on Java SpringBoot and Node.js micro services
- Knowledge on SQL, data modeling, relational and document database
- Hands on experience on docker and Kubernetes
- Integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Experience on messaging-based system integration using Enterprise Integration Pattern, such as MuleSoft, Apache Camel, SAP CPI and Event Mesh, TIBCO, or Kafka ecosystem
- Familiar with web technology such as PHP, HTML5, TypeScript, Angular, React and mobile technology
- Deep knowledge on API integration such as REST, SOAP, Open API, OData, GraphQL, JWT, OAuth
- Familiar with security technology such as public-private key encryption, SAML, SSL certificate, SSH, SFTP, AES, SSO
- Familiar with LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Familiar with the git development cycle and tools such as bitbucket or github
- Familiar with design language such as UML, Archimate, BPMN
- Preferred experience with Use Case Analysis, Agile process and Agile tools such as JIRA
- Experience with logging framework and tools such as slf4j, perf4j, Splunk or ELK
- Experience with application performance profiling tools such as AppDynamics, DynaTrace, JMeter
- Preferred experience with development in SAP BTP Cloud Platform
- Responsible for financial implications and cost of systems and services for technology solutions
- Provide guidance to ensure technology expenditures align with business objectives
Knowledge and Skills:
- Subject matter expertise in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Able to formulate, communicate and implement technical solutions
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision. May lead or direct the work of others
- Demonstrate a degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Establish and complete tasks with little to no supervision
- Able to travel, as necessary, to perform required job duties.
- Able to work late evenings, nights and weekends as needed.