Lead, UX - Design Operations
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Global eCommerce Team has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Lead, Design Operations reporting to the Director, User Experience.
Come join us in reinventing the cruise industry while transforming the organization into becoming “the best vacation company in the world”. If you are a project management expert who loves communicating and driving process improvements, then apply today! And yes, we have amazing cruise benefits!
This position will work onsite in Miami, Florida.
This position plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of the User Experience (UX), User Research (UXR) and eCommerce Product Insights (ePI) teams within the organization, and will be key in maximizing the impact of team initiatives by bridging the gap between UX/UXR and cross-functioning teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary point of contact for UX/UXR operations, coordinating and facilitating cross-functional collaboration between research, design, development, and other stakeholders.
• Act as a bridge between UX/UXR and other departments, promoting a user-centric approach and advocating for the importance of UX/UXR in product development.
• Manage intake and stakeholder communication for UX and UR projects.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and teams to ensure timely delivery of milestones, managing resource allocation and workload balancing.
• Identify bottlenecks, pain points, and areas for improvement in the UX/UR workflow and proactively address them.
• Develop, implement, and maintain UX/UXR operational standards, guidelines, and best practices.
• Facilitate execution of scopes of work, contracts, and any other paperwork while ensuring adherence to budget.
• Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to UX/UXR team members, fostering their professional growth and promoting a culture of learning and innovation.
• Stay informed about emerging UX trends, technologies, and methodologies, and share knowledge and expertise with the team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have 4+ years working directly on or with a UX/UXR/VoC team within a corporate setting.
• Must have experience leading a complex project with multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
• Must have understanding of entire Human Centered Design process and role of usablity testing.
• Must have experience leading a cross-functional team through various projects simultaneously.
• Must have proficiency in communicating updates on a large scale
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management/PMP or similar
• Experience working on large-scale travel, retail, and/or e-commerce experiences.
• Experience working with/coordinating cross-functional research, design, product and engineering teams.
• Located in Miami/South Florida and ability to work on location.
• You are collaborative, flexible, and accountable all at once.
• You are a communicator who is able to concisely distribute timely cross-functional updates
• You are a leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a team towards a shared goal.
• You are a Systems Thinker that advocates for holistic, consistent, and scalable solutions.
• You are a self-starter who is always upskilling and looking for new tools and techniques.
• You are a proactive problem solver who volunteers to help, educate, and support others.
• Willingness to be hands on within a fast-paced environment who doesn’t sacrifice quality.
• Employee Cruise Discounts and Family and Friend Discount Programs.
• Company Social Events, Gym Memberships, Discounted Lunches, and Snacks.
• Health, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance benefits along with Employee Assistance Program.
• 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Performance Bonuses.
• Family and Parenting Benefits, Medical Leave and Adoption Assistance.
• Paid Vacation and Holidays.
• Professional Development, Tuition Reimbursement, Job Training and Employee Resource Groups.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.