Manager, Fleet Maintenance
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
Fleet Maintenance Manager/Engineer is responsible for developing strategic maintenance optimization activities, monitoring maintenance schedules, recommending interventions to improve performance, implementing action items, governing maintenance policies, practices, description, and procedures across the corporate brands. Create/Maintain Data Governance strategy that delivers trusted data for further analysis of future business value addition.
Main responsibilities of the position include but not limited to implement and oversee the maintenance strategy for all corporate brands to ensure maximum value for the corporation while maintaining high reliability and safe operations. Review maintenance policies within the Maintenance Database (AMOS), and SQM to comply with the RCG maintenance strategy, manufacturer’s recommendations, and other government bodies such as DNV, ISO 9000, Flag State, etc.
The Fleet Maintenance Manager/Engineer is a representative of RCG corporate and works at a high level acting as an advisor to the Shipboard Maintenance Teams, Operations Teams, and Technical Services Teams on matters related to maintenance work-order control. She/He shall also interact with the New Build (NB) department as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Maintenance Program: Develop, implement, and maintain fleet-wide maintenance strategy including Condition Based Maintenance and Maintenance Optimization (the reduction, and/or consolidation of, maintenance tasks to minimize cost and risk whilst increasing the efficiency of available man hours within the fleet through standardization)
- Implement a condition-based maintenance (CBM) strategy into the current planned maintenance system to reduce the financial impact of planned maintenance and workload on ship staff, while simultaneously increasing reliability, safety, and compliance.
- Provide advice to vessels and ship managers on fleet machinery condition-based monitoring and work with service providers to maximize performance of the condition-based monitoring systems and reduce the incidence of failures. Communicate findings and best practices to the Operations and Technical Services teams.
- Work closely with Classification Societies on new and innovative ways of performing both condition based and periodic maintenance.
- Support Operations and Marine Technical Services on continuous improvement of the fleet maintenance plan, including criticality ranking of equipment to minimize unplanned maintenance and failure of critical machinery.
- Design and implement risk analysis-based maintenance strategies and lead FMECA (Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis) to provide a decision support system to operations and shipboard executive committees.
- Participate in monitoring equipment performance in service and provide feedback to New-Build teams with reference to projected maintenance performance and costs for Life Cycle Cost Calculations.
- Follow-up on incidents as assigned, investigate, evaluate, and implement corrective actions, procedures, changes as needed.
- Review maintenance and through life costs of new build vessels.
- Responsible for all aspects of the AMOS Planned Maintenance
- Ensure content accuracy in the AMOS database where it relates to components, spares, maintenance (Data Governance)
- Retain oversight on all change requests to the database (Data Governance)
- Review and discuss potential upgrades of system and/or procedures.
- Provide training to and review levels of all users on regular basis.
- Carry out frequent shipboard visits and support users as needed.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Education: bachelor’s and/or master’s degree with a concentration Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in onboard engineering, preferably in the Cruise Industry
- Super user for AMOS software package, requiring in depth knowledge and application.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strongly motivated and ability to manage diverse work groups to effective solutions.
- Fluent in English
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to analyze data and research results to make recommendations.
- Experience in managing internal and/or cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Professional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company.
- Attention to detail and ability follow-through.
- Professional key computer skills (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Power BI, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations, and may lift, push, pull or move 10 – 15 pounds. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.