Manager, Associate Counsel
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Associate Counsel Manager, Corporate and Finance will be an integral member of the RCG Legal team and will prepare, review, and negotiate agreements and provide strategic legal advice on a broad range of topics as described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and draft company agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, intercompany agreements, and service provider agreements
- Support treasury group by drafting, negotiating, and reviewing financing agreements and related ancillary agreements and documentation
- Provide legal support for corporate finance (including debt and equity offerings), M&A, joint ventures and other transactions
- Conduct research and benchmarking on corporate governance matters and their applicability to the business
- Assist with preparation of the annual proxy statement and meeting of shareholders
- Provide legal support for corporate governance matters involving subsidiaries and KYC requests from financial institutions
- Engage in direct communications with internal clients, including treasury, corporate governance, and corporate development teams
- Coordinate with outside counsel on a variety of corporate, finance and commercial matters
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of corporate and/or finance experience in a law firm and/or in-house with a major company.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school
- Member in good standing of the Florida Bar or ability to register as a Florida in-house counsel
- Transactional legal experience with focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating general commercial agreements
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk
- Strong drafting skills
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, responsive, and dependable
- Ability to handle multiple urgent and important matters while maintaining professional relations with internal clients
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.