Manager, Business Development
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Royal Caribbean Group’s Silversea Cruises brand has an exciting career opportunity for a full time Manager, Business Development on the Inside Sales Team reporting to the Director, Sales Support.
Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel by distinguishing itself in the ultra-luxury market with its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries, and genuine hospitality. We are proud of our reputation as the "World's Best" cruise line and seek individuals who take personal pride in their work to join our award-winning team.
In this position, you will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new business opportunities, increasing the number of active travel advisors and agencies within your assigned territory. You must profile, qualify, and evaluate travel advisor and agency potential to determine adequate allocation of sales resources. As a Manager, Business Development, your primary objective is to activate travel advisors and agencies, then develop these accounts into consistent, reliable revenue generators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees advisor booking experience to ensure service excellence
- Maintains regular contact with all agency partners to ensure high levels of satisfaction and optimize long-term agency partner value
- Acts as primary liaison between advisor and key points of contacts within the reservations department; liaise between the travel agents and Silversea’s internal departments throughout the booking process (i.e. ShoreEX, Hotels, Destination Management, and SilverSky)
- Responsible for process education to inform advisors on how to best manage bookings
- Trains travel advisors on how to use internal resources such as MySilversea and Marketing Central
- Communicates and interacts effectively with decision makers, at all levels internally and externally
- Maintains accurate records of all agency partners, utilizing company-supported technology tools and processes
- Facilitates the Area Sales Directors and Business Development Specialists in capturing new business opportunities and growing the agency database with new/potential agency partners
- Executes marketing activities (direct mail, email etc.) to stimulate sales and grow Silversea share of business within every agency partner
- Services existing bookings including making changes to reservations, accepting and recording payments and assisting travel partners with arranging guest preferences. Researches, provides information and liaises with other internal departments, in order to accommodate clients’ needs
- Conducts basic research for the purpose of problem resolution and communicates solutions to travel partners and/or guests
- Directs non-routine matters to the appropriate Silversea resource for special handling and resolution
- Monitors options on a daily basis to covert new business opportunities
- Manages performance contracts and supports Area Sales Director with goal setting and performance review
- Executes follow up activities assigned by ASD after ASD’s sales calls
- Creates sales support materials
- Meets assigned quarterly sales and execution based targets
- Employs technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas to ensure effective presentation of Silversea products and services
- Provides information, solves problems and services incoming telephone calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale; services existing bookings and exercises upsell opportunities throughout the travel advisor experience
- Database and CRM management; ensures the Travel Agency Master (TAM) database is up-to-date
- Assists in departmental sales efforts to move soft sailings and last minute inventory
- Orders brochures and marketing collaterals for agencies replenishment and trade shows
- Supports Area Sales Directors with their territory budgets
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Three to five years’ experience working in customer service or sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully interact with internal and external contacts
- Proven ability to achieve results and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and CRM tools
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Orientation towards details and strong organizational skills
- Positive team-player attitude
- Commitment to learning
- Experience selling travel preferred
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.