Sr Engineer, Site Reliability
Royal Caribbean Group
- RCG is seeking a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will lead the way for our DevOps environment. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. To be successful, one must effectively communicate with our development and operations team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments.
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions.
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency.
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field
- Expertise in configuration and deployment automation tools (Ansible, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins/Tekton, Argo CD
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Proficient with git and git workflows
Knowledge and Skills:
- 4+ years SRE/DevOps experience, building and maintaining production environments.
- Container deployment and orchestration with Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of network, server, database, and container architecture
- Familiarity with best practices for infrastructure design for applications using Microservices, & APIs
List working environment or conditions that describe those encountered in performing the job functions (inside /outside the office, travel, shipboard, noise level etc.)