Royal Caribbean Group
Product Owner, Marketplace & Monetization
The Product Owner, Marketplace & Monetization is responsible for driving our Marketplace product backlog. You are responsible for creating and maintaining the backlog, prioritizing, driving completion of MVPs, and evaluating the delivery by the agile team to ensure impeccable features and functionality. You will help set the strategy to recruit and onboard vendors.
You will work with senior management to set strategy, vision, and roadmap to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives. You are the owner for at least one critical software product from inception through to delivery in close collaboration with various roles from Delivery, Product, Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. The role supports creation of all product owner deliverables to assure alignment with best practices/principles and company technology vision. The Product Owner is viewed by others as a subject matter expert in his/her product field, and a role model of corporate culture. The role requires strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The Product Owner reports to a product manager.
- Experience working with SAP Hybris and/ or marketplace tools.
- Marketplace storefront and vendor onboarding experience.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing various tools and techniques for ensuring product health, reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Knowledge and experience with methodologies, tools, and techniques for managing software products at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience with the business aspects and operation of a software product; knowledge of the install base, current uses, future plans, and product vision.
- Knowledge and experience with software development lifecycle methods (e.g., agile)
- Knowledge and experience in the Travel / Hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Hybris or other ecommerce platforms.
- Clear, articulate, and effective, communication skills that demonstrating ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization.
- Creative thinking, with a solid understanding of agile practices, patterns and techniques and other software development methodologies.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. Demonstrates a keen eye for detail and delivers quality work.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. Is resourceful, asks smart questions, challenges the status quo, and regularly seeks to understand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to ensure accuracy and alignment of customer expectations, requirements, and business values for platform features.
- Own multiple product backlogs from inception to production. Oversee business requirements and priorities with each product roadmap.
- Ensure features align with product defined OKRs and KPIs. Work with stakeholders to define success and to ensure that features can be measured.
- Define requirements, acceptance criteria and MVP based on business and strategic measures.
- Ensure user stories and epics are written and adhere to the definition of done. Oversee estimation sessions, backlog grooming efforts, and sprint reviews.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and approve features prior to release. Demo progress of features to other product managers and stakeholders.
- Align with stakeholders on release strategy, including timelines, scalability, go-to-market plans, and reporting.
- Identify, manage and escalate risks when necessary, in collaboration with Delivery and Engineering. Work with program leads to communicate project statuses.
- Lead the identification and management of cross-team dependencies to prevent impediments and foster collaboration across multiple products.
- Leverage JIRA, Confluence, and other tools to provide metrics and reports for sprint and project management.
- Manage, coach and mentor other product owners and product analysts and promote a culture of innovation.
- Remain current with business industry and operational trends in order to advise and advocate solution approaches for systems and applications to meet growing business needs.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Product Owner in Software Engineering / Information Technology or related area.
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate, coach, mentor and communicate effectively in both an interpersonal and/or group setting.
Demonstrates extensive proficiency, experience, and understanding of the core competencies outlined below.
- Manages reliability improvement projects and defines success criteria.
- Develops performance detractors and criteria to assess and recommend product improvements.
- Monitors the operation of product processes and procedures.
Software Product Management
- Has experience with multiple products or multiple releases of a critical product.
- Gathers, summarizes, and prioritizes ideas for new products, or new versions of existing products.