Specialist, Newbuild, Revite Operations and Activity Development
Royal Caribbean Group
Position Summary / Job Purpose
The Specialist, Newbuild, Revite Operations and Activity Development for the Entertainment Department. This position will assist with the creation, development, and implementation of customized, innovative, and operationalize experiences for front of house Entertainment with our new builds, revitalizations, and current fleet. This position will assist with ensuring Guest Activities and Entertainment are appropriately represented and will participate in the newbuilding programs and revitalizations. Additional responsibilities include sourcing new vendors, managing Activities owner supply budgets, action logs, schedules, presentations, and timelines. Develop SQM, SOP, Production Manuals and Intranet documentation for training and support for all current and future start-up programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in vendor/contractor berthing and travel to support the operational start up of all future newbuilds and revites.
- Assist in analyzing par implications, guest throughput and potential revenue to create recommendations for the operation as it pertains to Guest Activities and Entertainment experiences.
- Assist in forecasting the shipboard budget for the all future newbuilds and revites to ensure the shipboard teams are able to manage expenses once operational.
- Assist and support in IT operational support with Pre Cruise Planner (PCP), Hybris, Entertainment Management System (EMS), E-Waivers, DataPlay, Electronic Compass creation, Fleet Visitor Requests (FVRs), Extra Crew Cabin Requests (ECCRs) and other systems as needed for the support of newbuilds and revites.
- Research, prepare and present operational efficiencies and cost containment measures for newbuild and revites.
- Assist in the development and establishment of Royal Way Standards, SQM, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation for all new concepts as related to newbuild Start Up and Operations.
- Coordinate and prepare schedules, white papers, presentations, action plans and supporting documentation for development and newbuild and revite operations.
- Partner with NewBuild Supply Chain and Hotel Purchasing to source new vendors for equipment and supplies related to new experiences. Have all new supplies set up for operational purchasing for ship to order on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- College degree in recreation, entertainment, travel and leisure or hospitality or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience within the cruise line, leisure and/or entertainment industry
- Working knowledge of personal computers within a Windows environment. Proficiency in Lotus Notes, MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint, required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Independent decision making skills
- Excellent ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in managing and prioritizing expense budgets.
- Knowledge of current entertainment, recreation and leisure trends within the cruising and land based entertainment and vacation experiences.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills, responsive public relations and public speaking skills.
- Travel required
Financial Responsibilities (For Management Roles Only)
Lead the Owners Supply allocation for all newbuilds and revites of appr. $6.2 M in start-up expenses for Guest Activities and Entertainment. Assist in forecasting the shipboard operational budgets.
Assist in producing revenue driving experiences.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10 - 15 pounds. Visual requirement include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.