Director, Hotel Food & Beverage Procurement
Royal Caribbean Group
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This Director, F&B Procurement North America provides leadership for the sourcing, negotiating, and contracting of all food and beverage items used for North America and Export markets.
The role provides collaboration to all areas of Supply Chain and guidance on the most effective strategy for operations in the region, which includes leading the cross functional Integrated Business Planning practice (IBP) for all corporate Brands as it relates to F&B Procurement in North America & export markets. Additionally, this position establishes best practices for supplier management, quality control, inventory management and logistics execution throughout the system.
The role is responsible for setting procurement and supply strategies that minimize controllable cost (cost avoidance) while driving value creation through cost reduction initiatives, including supplier development, regional sourcing, and SKU harmonization. The Director is also responsible for leading the achievement of the companies ESG goals, including collaborating on strategy across F&B Procurement regions.
This role sets the strategy and objectives to provide a competitive advantage by leveraging regional and market to market procurement through the coordination with regional F&B Procurement leaders. The Director also ensures compliance with export regulations to global markets, including market level product restrictions and supplier export documentation compliance.
This role leads a team of 15+ procurement professionals sourcing and supplying across the regions.
This role collaborates with all areas of the Company, including Brand Operations and Finance and provides guidance on the most effective and sustainable mode of supply. This role also collaborates with a variety of internal departments including Accounting, Deployment, Tax and Legal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and directs an efficient total cost of ownership model which considers many complex variables including but not limited to price, freight, holding cost, currency, supply volatility.
- Directs the sourcing, quality control and supplier management for all food & beverage supplies sourced in North America. Directs the negotiation of all components of cost including price, freight, payment terms, and delivery terms.
- Direct the management of corporate specifications in collaboration with end user departments to achieve high guest satisfaction and reduce cost.
- Directs and controls distribution of products in North America and export markets, including direct management responsibility of up to $140 million of RCL-owned inventory at various locations in North America. Oversees the replenishment of inventory to ensure continuity of supply.
- Responsible for the integration of F&B procurement and inventory systems across the enterprise as a complete Procure to Pay solution encompassing A/P interface, Ecommerce, and supplier management metrics.
- Responsible for sustainable and humane sourcing initiatives, such as MSC/ASC seafood, cage-free eggs, gestation crate-free pork and other sustainable sourcing initiatives.
Performs other duties as required. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. May be required to perform other job-related duties as needed by operation.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- 10 years relevant experience in an international procurement environment.
- 5 years managerial experience in supply chain management in a consumer-packaged goods, food-service, or hospitality operation.
- 5 years’ experience contract development, analyses, and execution.
- 5 years’ experience in logistics activities including ocean/air/road transportation, inventory control, duty free inventory management and thorough understanding of temperature-controlled environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or combination of trade experience and education.
- Thought Leader of Supply Chain Management concepts, controls and best practices specifically related to the management of hotel, food, and beverage supplies.
- Thought Leader in procurement, storage, consolidation, and transportation of duty free and domestic refrigerated and dry cargo to worldwide destinations via land, air and sea.
- Expert knowledge of trends, volatility and correlation of livestock, grains/oils, foods, and currency futures to the forecasted demand on finished goods. Ability to apply derivative valuation to forward options contracting and the use of regression to make a purchase decision.
- Expert at interpreting commodity data of government and non-governmental organizations such as Economic Research Service, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, United States Department of Agriculture, Consumer Price Index, Producer Price Index, Urner Barry.
- Expert in local market sourcing of corporate specifications for service to our guests. Primary markets include Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, San Juan, Galveston and other emerging North America ports.
- Expert in food safety standards USDA, USDC and corresponding regulations as it relates to the import and transit within North America, South America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Leads development of procurement and negotiation strategy based on multiple and often complex variables. Negotiates price, availability, transportation, and delivery schedule.
- Expert knowledge of advanced contract terms and conditions and skilled in uniform commercial code. Author of the company's delivery and invoicing policies.
- Expert in analysis, forecasting, problem solving and quality improvement in the execution of strategies. Ensures total costs are identified and optimized throughout the entire procurement process.
- Expert, in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all senior levels of operational personnel (shipboard and shore side).
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the public.
We know there is a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We will hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.