Facilities Project Manager
Miami Dade College
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
All applications must be submitted online by visiting www.mdc.edu/jobs. Direct Application URLhttps://recruitment.mdc.edu/psc/MYMDHPRD/RECRUIT/JOBS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1000&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=1005419&PostingSeq=1 Miami Dade College, Kendall Campus is now accepting applications for Facilities Project Manager. The Manager works closely with the appropriate campus representatives, design professionals and construction managers in the planning, development and completion of College major and minor construction projects college wide. Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the programming, planning, design and construction for new construction, renovation, remodeling and maintenance projects district wide for College facilities including site, utilities, building systems and ancillary plant infrastructure
- Serves as liaison and is responsible for direction and implementation of assignments to design professional architects/ engineer, general contractors and construction management firms.
- Conducts reviews of facilities plans as prepared by design consultants, and oversees and manages Facilities Minor & Major Capital Projects to assure compliance with applicable codes College policies and procedures and college standards
- Responsible for budget management and record keeping; personnel management if applicable; contract management and enforcement; project schedule, construction compliance with applicable codes, required inspections and the legal requirements for the construction of educational facilities.
- Serves on College committees as assigned including the selection committees for architectural/engineering, general contractors and construction management services
- Monitors expenditures of the capital budget for each project, and reviews and recommends payment of invoices, adherence to construction contracts, attends pre-bid, pre-construction, project design and construction meetings
- Prepares status reports with initial estimates, directs and evaluates the performance of design consultants, contractors and construction managers through periodic inspections and directs daily supervision
- Ensures completion of projects, from first request through close out, in accordance with established standards, schedules and budget parameters
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field and seven (7) years of experience in higher education, institutional or commercial construction projects; or Master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management and related field and three (3) years of experience in higher education, institutional or commercial construction projects.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution