Lead Billing Analyst
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
You’re the right fit for this role if you are comfortable with figuring things out as you go, default to action, and adapt to additional responsibilities. You will have a proven record of achieving your goals and the goals of your team. You will work closely with the Accounting Operations Manager to identify and proactively improve the customer’s billing operations and revenue risks.
We’re looking for a fast, creative, forward-thinking professional who has a strong background in customer service, billing, and collections. As a member of the Accounting Operations team, you’ll work cross functionally with many different departments. A strong foundation and experience in working with billing and contracts and/or data analysis is essential. In addition, this position will require impeccable attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines. This role will work along the Sales / Revenue Operations and Collections to continue to develop our organization’s processes & policies.
What you get to do every day
- Manage customer subscription billing procedures to ensure timely & accurate processing of all customer invoices.
- Review new subscriptions / customers for proper revenue recognition & billing configuration.
- Update existing customers based on upgrades, downgrades or amendments to their respective pricing that occur in the current billing period.
- Oversee and handle monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations. .
- Provide high-quality assistance to internal stakeholders regarding collection issues and A/R Receivables.
- Collaborate with Finance team members to validate monthly revenue, deferred revenue & A/R Reporting.
- Work cross functionally with the RevOps & Data Engineering teams to ensure data integrity, proper configuration of systems impacting billing & policy adherence.
- Assist with process improvements to streamline revenue tasks to shorten our close cycle.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of related billing experience, SaaS/software industry and NetSuite & Salesforce experience preferred
- Smart, inquisitive, and analytical
- Strong knowledge about billing requirements and solid understanding of the interaction between SAAS billings and SAAS revenue.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including complete/thorough knowledge of Financial, Logical, Lookup/Reference, and Mathematical functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style and language depending on the audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks at once
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $73,168 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $120,375 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures